Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Monday, Happy Halloween!

What a Monday this has been!  I woke up late (not sure why my alarm clock never went off), then made it to work with two early meetings. 

Today I was supposed to go to the middle school to meet with my Little Sister, so I tried to eat my Healthy Choice meal at lunch time super fast... but kept getting hampered when my boss and coworkers kept trying to talk to me about work stuff. 

I finally made it to the school and delivered an adorable Halloween basket to my Little--and she loved it!  I put some Halloween pencils, a notepad, stickers, and TONS of candy in a little metal pail with a jack o'lantern face on it's front.  I'm waiting for her parents to send a bill from their dentist for all of the cavities I just gave that kid. :)  She was extremely chatty today, too, which I loved.  So much better than my last Little. 

I got back to work, and finished out the day, bolting out the door right at 5 o'clock.  I made it home to Pete, who had stopped on his way home to pick up 3 of my favorite things:  Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale, apple cider and pumpkin cupcakes from Gigi's.  I have a wonderful husband!  I ordered us a pizza using our Living Social coupon, and set up for trick-or-treaters.  Pete went out and picked up our white spinach ricotta pizza, and I cracked open my first beer.  Happy Halloween to me!  I even set aside a little stash of candy for myself.



I only got 4 trick-or-treaters tonight.  4.  I guess it's better than no trick-or-treaters, but I still would have loved to have seen more.  All of the kids got huge handfuls of candy from me, and their parents kept taking pictures of Bella in her pumpkin regalia.  She did look pretty darn cute.


On a positive note, my upstairs neighbors brought their daughter and granddaughter over for candy.  They're usually pretty unfriendly, but tonight they seemed really nice.  I hope this starts a trend of more happy, congenial behavior.

Now that trick-or-treating is over, I'm just eating my cupcake, catching up on Facebook and watching Dancing With The Stars.  Of course.  What a lovely night.  Hubby is in the other room watching professional wrestling, glued to the tv like a senior citizen watching Wheel of Fortune.  I'm so glad he goes in the other room to watch that crap instead of hogging the big screen.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Ugly Duckling said...

Your dog is so cute!!

I didn't get any trick or treaters because I live in Seoul currently. They don't really celebrate Halloween at all here.

I want a cupcake now you've mentioned. I actually blogged including a pic of a cupcake just this evening too!

Hope you'll stop by my blog sometime and follow me if you like it!

Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

PS: also doing a GIVEAWAY, enter at
http://iwasanuglyduckling.blogspot.com/2011/10/mac-lipstick-giveaway.html


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved