Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekend Recap

What a fabulous weekend this has been!  Here's the short and sweet of it:

  • Kelly (the world's best twin sister) and her husband, Darrell, came to visit.  They came on Friday night so we'd have two nights together and I was thrilled to have them.  I love having guests stay over.
  • We gave Darrell his first Qdoba experience, and met up with Tracy at the Wooden Door Irish Pub for drinks on Friday night.  Pete joined us after he finished his weekend shifts at the radio station, and we had a glorious night of fun.  We even stopped at Krystal to cure Darrell's late night snack attack.
  • On Saturday, we went to the Press Box, my favorite dive sports bar, and watched the MSU vs. Nebraska game. We ate a boatload of chicken wings, downed a couple pitchers of beer and watched MSU lose miserably to the Huskers.  It was a sad day for Spartan fans, especially this one.
  • We all went to Katie and Art's wedding, where Katie became Katie Perry and Art signed on for a life of living according to Katie's whims.  But he knew what he was in for when he asked her to marry him and said his vows.  She's a sweetheart though.  The wedding was at OLPH in Ybor City, steps away from the debauchery of Guavaween, and the reception was at the Palma Ceia Country Club.  They had a great dj and an open bar, so who could argue with that?  I wanted a real dinner, but they only had heavy hor d'oeuvres, so I made do with what I had.  The pumpkin cupcakes were to DIE for.  Here's a picture of the girls during Cocktail Hour:

  • I got up this morning and made pumpkin pecan pancakes with scrambled eggs for breakfast for all of us.  The pancakes were scrumptious, to say the least. YUM!  But you know me and pumpkin--we're soul sisters.
  • Kelly and Darrell left, so Pete and I went on a hunt for pumpkins.  WOW, was that a challenge!  I should have bought a pumpkin last week, but I kept putting it off.  I went out looking today and EVERYONE was sold out of pumpkins. Even the ugly bumpy kind.  I finally wound up at a local produce market and bought 5 little tiny pumpkins, but still wanted a big one to carve.  Pete and I happened to drive past a local Methodist church pumpkin patch and they had a handful of large pumpkins left.  So, $25 dollars poorer, I had a ginormous pumpkin to carve up.  This was actually Pete's first time EVER carving a pumpkin, so I had to give him the full experience.  He was up to his elbows in pumpkin innards and seeds, but he loved every minute of it. I let him help me carve, even though that's my favorite part.  Here's Pete and I's handiwork:



  • After pumpkin carving, I took Bella (my adorable pooch) on a long walk, then came home and put on her new pumpkin costume.  She looked SO CUTE, but I could tell she was sort of miserable.  She perked up once I took the hat off of her, but I think the hat really makes the ensamble.  Here's a pre-Halloween peek at Piglet (that's one of my nicknames for Bella):


A new week is ahead, and it shouldn't be too crazy (let's hope).  In 1 hour it will be Halloween!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love the pictures of the puppy!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved