Monday, November 28, 2011

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge - Day 1

I'm linking up today for Amber and Neely's Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge.  I've never done one of these before, so this will be a great new experience for me.  Hopefully I don't f it up.


Today's Topic: Favorite Gift Received

It's incredibly hard to choose my favorite gift ever received, because I've gotten such amazing gifts from my family and friends in the past.  Plus, I'm super easy to please because I am open minded and love the thought that people put into their presents. I especially love Pete's gifts because he always manages to find the perfect things for me, mostly because he pays attention when I say that I want things.  Whatta good man!

My favorite gift had to be the Time Life Treasury of Christmas CDs that Pete gave me as an early gift last year. 


I'd grown up listening to this music, which was always played on my parents' jumbo stereo system as we decorated the Christmas tree, baked cookies or sat in front of a roaring fire each December.  Yes, I really had that kind of childhood, and I loved every minute of it.  This music always reminded me of home and a cozy Christmas, and over the years my parents' cassettes went missing, and the CD I bought in 2001 also disappeared.  I was a sad panda.  I mentioned this to Pete last year, and he found the original 1987 CDs for me on eBay, surprising me with them when we went to decorate the tree last year.  I couldn't have been more thrilled!  We just broke the CDs out again when we decorated the house last night.  It really makes my house feel like a home at Christmastime.

3 comments:

Krystal said...

What a thoughtful gift!

LC said...

Visiting from A Complete Waste of Makeup!

I love this time of year & all the old Christmas music, so this was definitely a very thoughtful gift!!

Mia Maree said...

What a sweet gift. These are my favorite types of gifts, so thoughtful!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved