Saturday, November 19, 2011

Orlando Calling

I generally don't consider myself a lucky person.  My luck has changed over the past few years.  I met Pete (which was great luck in itself), and he works in radio so he frequently gets free tickets to concerts and sporting events.  I was THRILLED when he texted me last week and asked if I'd be interested in going to the Orlando Calling music festival if he could get us free tickets.  I'd talked about wanting to go to this festival because one of my favorite bands, O.A.R., was playing, but I had a real hang-up about spending $100 on a one-day festival ticket.  Call me a cheapskate, but I can think of lots of other things I'd rather do with $100--hello, Sephora! 

Pete texted me on Friday to tell me he got the tickets!  My awesome friend Jess was supposed to come along, but had to end up working on Saturday (cue sad face).  Kelly and I ended up going to the show and we had such a great time!  We got to the show later in the day, around 4:00, and saw Iron & Wine (very jam-bandy), Gavin DeGraw (amazing--I can't believe I'd never seen him before!) and, of course, O.A.R.  O.A.R. played a fantastic set list with all of my favorite songs, but since they weren't the headliner on their stage, they didn't get to play a full set. (cue second sad face)  But I'll take any live O.A.R. that I can get, and their set, along with awesome company from my partner in crime, Kelly, made this little Kari's heart happy.

Here are some pictures from the show:

Twin Time



Gavin DeGraw



O.A.R.




SOOO much fun!  And muchas gracias to my Man in Black for the free tickets!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved