Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Cheer Abound

Wow, it's two days until Christmas!  I've been engulfed in holiday fun over the past couple of days, and it's impossible for me not to feel that Christmas cheer. 

Last night, our dear friends Jess and Steve had the gang over for a big holiday dinner last night.  I always love getting together for the holidays, which is something we've done over the past few years.  We brought Bella with us, and she dressed up for the occasion by wearing her Christmas party dress.
Why yes, that is red velvet and white faux fur.  Isn't she darling?  Actually, she looks a little miserable, but she actually loves wearing the dress.  We could barely get it off her last night.

Here's Bella with her boyfriend Spartacus (pardon him, he's busy kissing his mom).  Bella is being held by her Uncle Joe, who's like the Dog Whisperer.  Our pets LOVE him... and actually behave for him.  Imagine that.

For din-din, Jess made delicious pulled pork, yellow rice, and black beans, Joe and Megan brought a vegetarian lasagna, and I brought a big salad.  The meal was totally delish.  After dinner, Jess's mom took a picture of us to match the one we took last year.
Now that's a happy group of people.  Nevermind Megan in the middle.  I think she forgot to smile.

Today was my last day of work before a four day weekend, so I was stoked to leave work at 1:30 this afternoon.  I really only had to do my 2011 self-evaluation and set goals for 2012 (barf), mostly because today was the deadline and I was a slacker leading up to this point.  Not all HR people live for this stuff.  After work, I came home and baked an scrumptious batch of Black Bottom Cupcakes.
They're chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate chip cheesecake filling.  Nom Nom Nom!
When Pete got home, we went out to dinner, where I enjoyed guacamole and fajitas.  I also had one two of these...
Sangria Swirl Margarita
Those things gave me THREE brain-freezes, but they were f-ing amazing.  Totally worth the temporary debilitating pain.

Then off we went to see Straight No Chaser at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts in Tampa.  Pete surprised me last night with tickets to the show as an early birthday present.  I had wanted to go SO badly, but thought we weren't going to make it since we were saving money.  I loved the surprise and was thrilled to hear some awesome a capella Christmas music tonight.  Here are a few of my pictures from the show.


If you haven't heard of Straight No Chaser, go to YouTube and search for their version of the 12 Days of Christmas.  It's a classic.  They also do a lot of non-Christmas stuff, like a fahbulous version of Fix You (the Coldplay song).

Tonight has been muy fantastico, and now I have to go pack for the weekend trip to Venice to see the 'rents for the holidays.  Can't wait to pull out Bella's Christmas dress again.  My parents will fall all over each other taking pictures of her and stuff.  Should be awesome! 

Have a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Asha said...

I love your blog and once I found out you are a fellow Tampa girl, I just had to follow :) I hope you'll follow back at ashareyes.blogspot.com

Hope you had a very merry Christmas :)


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved