Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge - Day 4

It's finally the end of the day on Thursday, and it feels like this week is never coming to a close.  The bright spot:  the holiday blog challenge!  Today's topic is... Favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials.

As you know, I have a total love affair with all things Christmas (sort of like my obsession with pumpkin).  One part of the season that I always look forward to is holiday movies.  I grew up watching all of the Christmas classics, like Miracle on 34th Street (original version only, please), It's a Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn and White Christmas.  I even watched A Christmas Story, but I never really liked it (don't shoot me).  The newer Christmas movies are also excellent, like Elf, Four Christmases, Love Actually, The Santa Clause, Bad Santa, etc., etc.  All excellent, always crowd pleasers.

My most favorite of all the holiday movies, though, is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

This movie has me rolling around on the couch, giggling up a storm every single year.  Without fail.  My family always watches it in the evening after Thanksgiving dinner, and then I watch multiple times during the holiday season.  I can't get enough, and I still find it humorous after watching it 100+ times.

My favorite character in the movie is Cousin Eddie.  I particularly love the forest green dickie under the off white v-neck sweater that's far too tight.  Totally priceless.

My favorite TV special each year is A Charlie Brown Christmas.  I implore you to find one person who doesn't love this special--it's so amazing!  I have loved it since I was a wee little kid, after my mom got me hooked on it. 

I loved Lucy's sass, but always related most to Linus, the little brother who toted around a blanket like it was his BFF.  I also dragged around a ratty blanket as a kid, so he and I understand each other.

See how he sucked his thumb?  I did too.  Not in school or anything (I didn't want to get teased mercilessly), but when I went home it was game-on.  I only quit when I was 8 and had to get a retainer.

So what are your favorite holiday movies?  Any that you've just recently discovered?

1 comment:

Victoria said...

oh how i love a christmas vacation!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved