Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Burfday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday, and I'll be honest, it was kinda weird.  Really good, but not spending the day with my twin, my other better-half (Pete is still my primary better-half), made it... different.  I really, really missed celebrating with her.

I got up in the morning and took my car in to the shop so the damage from my accident last week could be fixed.  They gave me a rental, and told me that they'd have my car back to me in about a week.  I really hate to give up my car for a whole week, but at least they gave me a full size rental and not some little pregnant-rollerskate of a car. 

Then I headed off to the mall for a little solo retail therapy.  I had one return to make, then I took advantage of semi-annual sales at Nine West, Bath and Body Works (surprise, surprise) and a Loft.  I could have stayed there shopping all day, but instead I went home to play with Bella girl, who was crazy-excited that I was home snuggling with her instead of going to work.  She was even cooing at me and spent most of the afternoon cuddled against me on the couch.

When Pete got home, he arrived carrying a dozen red roses, a ginormous Happy Birthday balloon and a birthday cake.  He also gave me two more birthday gifts:  a 3-strand pearl bracelet and a bottle of Dreaming Tree wine!  I realized yet again what a lucky girl I am to have a hubby who takes care of me on my oft forgotten birthday.

We then went out to Bella's, an Italian restaurant in Hyde Park, for dinner with my friends.  We had delicious food, many glasses of sangria and of course amazing vanilla-strawberry birthday cake.  Here are a few pics of our outing:





I also received some great presents from my friends. 
I'll never turn down flowers and vino.  Never.

Yep, it's a Groupon gift card!  I'd never seen one of these before, but given my affinity for all things Groupon/Living Social, it was a perfect gift.

Scrapbooking Stuff is such a fabulous gift.  I've been planning to get going on my wedding scrapbook for a couple of months, so this is a great way for me to get rolling.  I got a hot pink scrapbook, iridescent paper, and beach and wedding kits. 

I don't have a picture of my last gift, a Target giftcard.  My friends know that I practically live at that place. It's actually dangerous to have one only a 1/2 mile away.  And many thanks to Sephora for my free Philosophy birthday shower gel!


Overall it was a great birthday and my heart was with Kelly alllll day long.  Here's to another great year of aging gracefully!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like it was a great one!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved