Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Monday, Chicakdees!

So Monday's drawing to a close, and here we are, left to chit chat about the day.  It was okay.  Meh.  Nothing to write home about.  But today started a new week, and I had a totally refreshing weekend with the hubs so it didn't seem so bad.  I felt like I got a lot done and did a lot of things I really wanted to do.  A little relaxin', a lot of fun time with Pe-tah and overall just the kind of weekend I needed.

Here's a recap:

My haircut on Saturday morning got cancelled when my stylist called out sick, so I had a change of plans and I decided to run errands with Pete.  We got new lenses put in his glasses, stopped at the bank and went out to lunch at our favorite deli, Wright's Gourmet House here in Tampa.  I had the Paris sandwich (turkey, brie and apple slices--yum!), a little pesto pasta salad and a Peppermint Chocolate cupcake (double yum).  Feast your eyes on this:

After that I came home and wrapped umpteen presents (for hubby, since he was at work in the afternoon) and stuffed them under my Christmas tree.  I forgot just how much I enjoyed wrapping presents!  I really think I just liked playing with my Scotch pop-up tape dispenser, you know, the kind that has an elastic band to fit around your hand?  Yeah, that one.  That and my wrapping paper cutter just make gift wrapping a joy!  Yay!

After Pete got home, we went to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert.  They do rock-n-roll Christmas music and have a crazy light show with pyro and lasers and stuff.  It's an amazing spectacle.  Pete got free tickets through one of his radio contacts, so we ended up sitting on the floor, straight back from the stage.  Great seats, especially for free!  Here are some pictures from the show:
Look at that crazy-huge lighting rig. I've never seen one so big or intricate before, and I've been to over 100 concerts.  So yeah, it was monstrous.

Oooh, pretty lights!

And there go the lasers...

The big Y shaped thing at the top was actually a catwalk that dropped down out of the ceiling, allowing the performers to run out on it and entertain everyone from above. 


After the show, Pete and I realized we were starving because we never ate dinner.  So we headed over to one of the only restaurants open at that hour, Village Inn.  Typically we go there for breakfast or visit it after the bars close (it's hugely popular in the middle of the night with the bar-hopping crowd), but it served its purpose and gave us some yummy comfort food before we headed on home.

On Sunday, we slept in then finally rolled out of bed and went to a matinee showing of The Muppets.  It was SO cute!  I'm so glad to see the gang back together again, and this time in their normal state.  Not dressed up as silly pirates or as characters from A Christmas Carol.  It was a very sweet reminder of why I fell in love with the Muppets as a kid. 

In the evening, Pete and I met up with out friends for dinner at Maggiano's to celebrate Joe's and Megan's birthdays.  As always, we left completely stuffed and had a lovely time seeing everyone.  Jess and I even got hatch our plans for baking Christmas cookies on the 19th!  Pete and I came home and finished wrapping ALL of our gifts for our families.  It was a lot of work, but we both loved doing it.  I'm so glad I married a man who helps me with these things!  Here are all of our presents under the tree.  Now it really looks like Christmas in this house!

Ah, what a faaahbulous weekend! 

Now looking forward to the rest of the week.  It's going to be a busy one.  I've got some Christmas shopping to finish, my haircut (finally!) and Pete's radio station holiday party.  Bring on the rest of the week!

5 comments:

Miranda Calkins said...

i am dreading starting wrapping presents but once i get going i don't mind it! i do all the wrapping for my mom (besides my gifts) and she got me that scotch tape thing too! i love it! i also got that thing to cut the wrapping paper...it's inbetween an exacto knife and scissors!

Jessica said...

I'm so jealous of how much wrapping you did. I haven't even started!!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

aren't weekends with the husbands such a refreshing way to start a week?? after being filled with love by being with our spouse! i love the trans-siberian orchestra!! they are the best

Bri said...

it's always fun when something gets cancelled so you do something else randomly with the one you love. sounds like a good day :)

KMoody said...

I'm so jealous of your Christmas tree! It's gorgeous and the gifts look lovely!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved