Thursday, December 1, 2011

Scenes From Our House: Bella

Pete and I don't have kids yet, but we do have a pet that we love and coo over.  Bella is our 16 lb. miniature schnauzer mix who's just turned 11.  As she gets older, I become more aware of just how attached I am to her.  I adopted her from the Sarasota Humane Society when she was about 9 months old and I was 22, right out of college and on my own for the first time.  Yup, I've had her for more than 10 years.  We're really grown up together.

I love coming home after work and being greeted at the door by Bella.  More specifically, I love how she sits at the glass door waiting for me to come home, then watches me get out of my car and approach the door before getting really excited.  I don't think any dog wags their tail harder or faster than Bella, to the point where she's really wagging the whole back half of her body.  Pete says that when my car pulls up, Bella whines at the door until I finally come in.  So cute!

In the evening when I'm home, I try to spend some couch time with Bella, to let her know how much I love her in those few evening hours that I'm home. Sometimes she's not in the mood and I have to force-cuddle her.  She always ends up submitting and giving me kisses. 

Here is how Bella looks tonight, sleeping like a little angel on her favorite throw pillow.


I no longer use these throw pillows for anything other than Bella's lounging, because they 1.) smell like her (read: they smell like fritos), and 2.) she's nested them into wads of pillow-ish-ness so they no longer look presentable.  At least not for company.

It's now later in the evening, so undoubtedly she'll want to go out for her last tinkle run and come back inside to get her evening snack of baby carrots.  Yes, she LOVES baby carrots... most vegetables and fruits, really.  At least she's into healthy snacks and not those garbage Milkbones.  And of course I'll snuggle her a little before Pete and I head to bed.  I love my life!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Bella is the sweetest girl, a true best friend, who is always happy to see you.


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved