Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fabulous Valentines Challenge - Day 2

I'm back with another installment for the Fabulous Valentines Blog Challenge, and today's topic is: Love Telling this Bad Date Story (AKA WORST DATE EVER).  I have been on several truly terrible dates, and choosing just one to write about was difficult.  I want to tell you about all of my terrible dates, but I'll pick the one that irritated me the most.
 

As I mentioned previously, I kissed a lot of frogs before I met my prince.  One of the frogs was named Ben, and I met him when I was about 22 years old and living in Sarasota, Florida.  Ben was a local guy, born and raised in Florida (you don't meet many of those down here), 23-ish years old and seemed like a decent enough guy.  He worked a joe job, but was cute, so I said 'what the hell' and agreed to go out with him.
 
Ben invited me on a date to see a movie (one I really wanted to see at the time, I can't remember what it was called) and go to dinner, but when he picked me up, he told me that he "lost" all of his money so we couldn't go to the movies or dinner--but he still wanted to go on a date!  He proceeded to take me to the Jetty in Venice (a long peninsula made of rocks stretching into the ocean), at night, in the winter.  So there I was, hungry, cold and completely pissed, disappointed that I hadn't gone home to watch tv and cuddle with my dog.  At the Jetty, we were sitting at a picnic table in a dimly lit area making small talk, with the dark water crashing against the rocks only about 20 feet from us.  It felt like a crime was about to committed, with me being the unwitting victim.  The scene was just as creepy as they get, and the guy just seemed seedier by the moment.  I politely asked if we could leave several times (I'm freezing, I'm scared, I'm starving...), but he kept insisting that we stay because he didn't feel like going home, "because that sucks".  WTF.  At 22 years old, I had no idea how to handle this situation, so I just sat there and waited for the "date" to be over. 
 
Around midnight (yes, we sat out there that long, stupid me), Ben proceeded to get very inappropriate with his hand placement and decided that we should hook up on the Jetty.  Uh, hell no.  That was not even within my realm of possibility.  I told him to get the hell away from me and he FINALLY took me home.  He never got a chance to redeem himself because I never saw his sorry ass again.  The Kari of today would have never gone out with this guy to begin with, let alone ending up in a position like that.  Barf.
 
What's the story of your worst date?

5 comments:

Jennifer B said...

Oh yeah, that does sound like a terrible date. What a creepster!

Lauren @ A modern day wife's journey said...

Sounds so awful yikes!! :-(

Miranda said...

wow what a creep! I would be paranoid he would throw me off the jetty. Sorry for your sucky date but I love reading these...they are very entertaining :)

Karla said...

Wow totally sounds like the plot of a forensic files episode! So glad you made it out and that CHEAP creep didn’t get anything out of it!
No dinner no movie and you still want to cop a feel ..*SLAP* lol

Casey said...

What a total skeeve!

Thanks for linking up!!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved