Monday, January 9, 2012

PSA: Neat Cocktails

Have you ever met someone who takes their drinks "neat"?  If you haven't, it's quite an experience, not because of what it is, but rather what types of people actually have their drinks this way.  Having your drink "neat" refers to straight liquor, unchilled (that's right, room temperature), with no ice or other mixers.  Just a glass of liquor straight from the bottle.  Usually this liquor is whiskey, but I suppose it could refer to any other type of liquor.  But most "neat" drinkers have a their perference, and usually it's Johnny Walker (pick your color label) or Glenlivet somthing-or-other.

Not many people can take a drink "neat".  I certainly can't, but then again, I'm a bit of a pansy when it comes to my cocktails.  The only "neat" drinkers I've encountered have been men, and they're quite an interesting sort.  In my experience, "neat" drinkers are gambling addicts, have no relationships with their families, and live in filthy apartments.  These are not stand-up guys.  I'm not usually one to judge, but when it comes to taking a drink "neat", I kinda do.  I just associate the drink with a smarmy booze-hound who won't take no for an answer.

I could be proven wrong about "neat" drinkers, and I hope that I am someday.  I'd hate to spend a lifetime judging people based on their cocktail preferences, but for now it's just too easy to do.  "Neat" drinkers are easy targets.  They're the sort, though, who are unapologetic for taking their drink in it's truest, unadulterated form.  They're still not the kind of guys you should introduce to your best single girlfriend or ask to babysit your dog when you go out of town.  The dog would end up drinking beer out of a coffee can.

So, if you encounter a guy who takes his drinks "neat", just call him an alkie and run the other way.  That's my PSA for the day.

My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved