Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ringing in the New Year

This year, Pete and I were home in Tampa for a change, so we joined our friends for New Year's Eve.  I had a lot of fun... too much fun (my exhaustion the next day proved it)... but it was totally worth it!  I was so glad to have a great and relatively low-key NYE. 

Since it was warm in Tampa on New Year's Eve, we were able to enjoy a nice indoor/outdoor party thrown by our friends Jess and Steve.  In addition to the volumes of food Jess and Steve prepared, I brought some homemade Chex mix, buffalo chicken dip, a case of Magic Hat #9 and the food necessary to make the best outdoor dessert ever--s'mores!  Yes, Jess and Steve had their fire pit going in the backyard, so I we were able to roast marshmallows and make the fresh, gooey, delicious s'mores.  They were just like how I remembered them from my past camping experiences, and they were a hit with everyone at the party!  I'm so glad I thought of that! Here's the fire that kept us warm in the 65 degree evening weather:

We set off fireworks in the street in front of the house at 11:30 and they were those huge impressive fireworks that shoot off the ground and explode way up in the sky.  They were the kind that are illegal to buy in Michigan, so I felt like a bit of a rebel even being near them.  Here are Jess, Tracy and I as we enjoy some frosty beverages and watch the skies light up:

Here are the boys lighting the fireworks.  I'm far too much of a chicken to ever do this, so I stand way, way back and hope no one loses a hand.

Here we are at Midnight, enjoying some cheap champagne.  For me, even cheap champagne is good champagne.  This girl's not a champagne snob.  And yes, drinking directly from the bottle was completely and utterly necessary.

My kiss at midnight was a fan-fricken-tastic one.  I love making out with my hubby!

This party also had games of beer pong and beanbags, both lit by lanterns.  I'm proud to say that Jess and I won a game of beer pong against Tracy and Jess's cousin's boyfriend!  We played VERY well, and I'm sure being tipsy was the key to our success.  Lord knows it wasn't skill.


Here's a picture of us doing our happy beer pong dance that followed our striking victory:

Yes, I'm wearing a silly Happy New Year headband and Happy New Year mardi-gras style beads.  In Tampa, it's all about the beads.  We stayed overnight at Jess and Steve's, and we woke up to a great breakfast from Jess.  She's a talented hostess and always makes us feel so welcome.  I was DRAGGING the next day, but it was all for good reason.

That wonderfully happy night filled with friends makes me realize what a great life I have here in Tampa, and it makes me look forward to the wonderful things that 2012 has in store for Pete and I.  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Asha said...

wow you really had a great time ringing in the new year! We roasted marshmallows at our firepit too which is hilarious since we live in Florida! :)


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved