Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dinner Triumph - Buffalo Chicken Nachos

Every once in awhile, Pete and I come up with a dinner idea that's incredibly quick and easy, but so delicious that we can barely contain our excitement.  The other day we were talking about making the BBQ chicken nachos from Plain Chicken, but I realized I had some shredded chicken sitting in the fridge calling our names.  Pete suggested we do something with Buffalo Chicken.  Buffalo Chicken Nachos were born, and they tasted even better than we imagined.

Here's what you need to get started...

1 bag of tortilla chips (I used Tostitos Restaurant Style)
1 8 oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese (a little more if you enjoy it gooey)
1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup of blue cheese crumbles (I used reduced fat)
1/2 cup of Franks Red Hot Wings sauce (more if you like it extra saucy)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Sour cream (I used reduced fat)


Start by tossing your shredded chicken with the Franks Wing sauce. 

On a jellyroll pan lined with Reynolds non-stick foil, place tortilla chips in a single later and sprinkle chips with 3/4 - 1 cup of cheddar cheese.

Using tongs, spread shredded chicken coated in wing sauce evenly over the tortilla chips.

Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles.  Don't be shy.

Cover the entire thing with remaining cheddar cheese.

Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

Here's the finished product.  We also sprinkled sliced green onions over the nachos after they came out of the oven and dipped the nachos in a little reduced fat sour cream.

Simple but delicious.  Totally sinful.

I hope you can try them too!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

These look delicious! I will definitely need to try this recipe!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved