Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fabulous Valentines Blog Challenge - Day 4

OMG, it's Thursday!!!  And this means... tomorrow is Friday and the weekend is right around the corner!!!  Even though this week hasn't been terrible, I'm excited to get a day closer to the weekend--and it's going to be an amazing weekend!  I'm kind of over dealing with other peoples' problems this week, and I'm ready for some relaxation and fun.

As usual, I'm linking up for the Fabulous Valentine's Challenge because it's light-hearted and the lovey topics make me sort of giddy.  The gooey, girly side of me gets ga-ga over sappy romantic stuff.  Pete just rolls his eyes, as most men do. 

Today's topic is Love My Wedding.


This past summer was a huge wedding summer for me.  Pete and I became each others' ball-and-chain got married on June 4, a sweltering, muggy day in East Lansing, MI.  We really had an amazing time planning our wedding.  Check out my Wedding tab to see a few pictures, if you'd like! 

I hate to admit this, but I wasn't the kind of girl who dreamed about her wedding day from the time she was a little girl.  I think I never wanted to get my hopes up, just in case I was never proposed to.  I always said that I'd think about my wedding when the time came, and I'd decide then what I wanted along with my fiance.  So when I actually got engaged, I had a total 'oh sh*t' moment when I realized that I had NO clue of what I wanted out of a wedding.  I didn't know where to start and it never even seemed like a big deal until I was sporting the bling.   

Thankfully, I found some great online resources, The Knot message boards and GREAT vendors who offered me wonderful options.  Pete and I really had fun with wedding planning from beginning to end, and it's wasn't nearly as stressful as a lot of people told us it would be.  Pete and I were both incredibly relieved, because we didn't want to spend months arguing about stupid stuff like stemware and head tables vs. sweetheart tables.  Thankfully, we were in sync on most things, except music.  That was our biggest source of wedding-related dischord.  We both wanted great music, and we're both passionate about music... so we had a few disagreements about our selections.  But much like the rest of our relationship, we worked things out, made some compromises and felt really happy with where we ended up.  We had the time of our lives and realized that our wedding was totally us.

On my wedding day, I remember looking at Pete (who was sweating profusely at the time in our barely-airconditioned chapel) and knowing deep down in my heart that he was the perfect man for me.  Everything felt so natural--I didn't have a moment of hesitation when I said my vows.  And that's how it should be.  Easy peasy.  Love and relationships take a little work, but it should never be HARD.  If love is really hard all the time, then perhaps it's not the kind of love you deserve.  My easy, blissful love with Pete made me realize that we were doing the right thing by getting married and committing our lives to each other.  (You can let out a resounding, "awww" now!)

Don't you just love weddings??  I could reminisce about mine all day long... :)

3 comments:

Lauren @ A modern day wife's journey said...

Love this girl! I also LOVED The Knot obviosly and got so many cute ideas from the boards(and some awesome friends out of it) :-) Awesome pictures you two are so cute!

Miranda said...

:) i also wasn't some girl who dreamed about her wedding...i wish i would have had some money for a planner because they would have done a better job :) i do love reminiscing about my wedding..makes you feel good :)

Asha said...

I loved the Knot...I was hopelessly lost trying to plan my wedding without it! And yes, I completely agree with you that wedding talk is something I could do forever :) It's sweet that in the midst of the sweatiness of your wedding day you fell more in love with your hubby, Awww! :)


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved