Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fabulous Valentines Challenge - Days 7-9

I've been totally MIA this week because the hecticness (word? we'll say yes) of my life picked up in a huge way this week.  Work has been ridiculous, and the nights this week have been unbelievable.  Here's a rundown of my crazy week...
Monday - Came home, cleaned out the fridge, ran to Publix, dog got into the trash and we have no idea what she ate.
Tuesday - Grabbed subs at Publix, came home to see that the dog was sick all over the house (presumably from the trash digging on Monday night), hubby cleaned up a huge mess (he's officially the best hubby ever), dog seems fine so we went to the Tampa Bay Lightning vs. LA Kings hockey game, came home to see that our dog got sick all over the house again, cleaned up more, took dog to emergency vet, dog was admitted to the hospital for an overnight stay, got home at 1 am on a school night.
Wednesday - Pick dog up from vet, dog seems fine, go to Mike Doughty concert at the Orpheum, come home late, crash into bed like a sack of potatoes at midnight.
Thursday - Mistakenly sent text meant for Pete to another friend, worry to death that I've insulted her, turns out she's the most understanding friend known to mankind, and decompress for the rest of the night. (jumbo sigh of relief)

Soooooo... I'm going to catch up on my Fabulous Valentines Challenge topics that I missed this week, so get ready for me to rapid-fire...

Day 7 - Love Blogging
I have really grown to love blogging!  I know all bloggers say that, but it's totally true.  I decided to start a blog to document the great and interesting things that happen in my life.  I always got caught up in the day-to-day madness of life and found myself forgetting my blessings.  I thought I had a dull life that wasn't worth sharing, but putting fingers to keyboard has made me see that my life is SO much more than that.  Blogging has helped me to recognize that I have a brilliant life, one that I want to celebrate.

I am trying to find more time to dedicate to blogging, because there are so many things I want to share with everyone.  Things on this little blog are really going to develop in the months to come!

Day 8 - Love Myself
It's time for me to get a little vulnerable here.  It's taken me a long time to truly love myself, but I'm happy to report that today I really do.  My twenties were full of terrible insecurities and I found it hard to make lasting, loving friendships.  I started realizing in my late twenties that I just hadn't learned to embrace myself and be proud of what a great person I was.  Somewhere around the age of 28, things changed.  I became grateful for my life, grateful for my family and magically, I started to make wonderful friends.  I also met my now husband at 29 and we've been sickeningly happy together.  It's funny how that works. 

Some of the things I really love about myself are...
  • I'm a really good friend.  I take care of people, make the effort, keep in touch and do thoughtful things.  Being a good friend isn't rocket science, but it requires and element of selflessness that many people simply haven't mastered.
  • I'm compassionate and truly care about how people feel.
  • I give good advice.  People who have taken my advice have had wonderful things happen to them, and that makes me feel extremely proud and I smile from ear to ear. 
  • I have my own sense of style and I dress like me.  My style is not outlandish but is rather pretty simple, and I love it.
  • I love my hair.  My hair used to be god-awful--out of control, frizzy, etc.  Over the years it has calmed down (myseteriously, but I'm not complaining) and I actually really like my new hairstyle.
  • I'm not a dummy and tend to make smart decisions. 
Overall, it's really good to be me.  Yay!

Day 9 - I Love My Family
I have a really spectacular family, the kind of family that makes me feel like I hit the jackpot by being born into it.  I have two tremendously wonderful parents who are the most generous, loving people imaginable.  They've done SO much for me over the years and I could never begin to repay them for it all.  I never miss an opportunity to tell them how much I appreciate them because they rock.  Here's a picture of them from my wedding...

The other amazing member of my family is my twin sister, Kelly.  Kelly has been more than a sister, she's been a best friend who's been beside me my whole life.  She understands me in ways other people just don't, and I appreciate her support over the year.  Kelly can also be my worst enemy and she REALLY knows how to push my buttons when she wants to.  It's all part of that weirdo twin relationship.  We do lots of silly twin things like showing up places in the same outfit and cooking the same thing for dinner, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

And how could I talk about my family without talking about the newest member of my family, Pete?  Pete, aka Hubby Dearest, has been a terrific husband and is going to make a wonderful father someday.  Everyday, I see more reminders of what a great man I married.  I won't get too gushy, but I will say that the makes me happier than anyone else has ever made me.  And Pete deserves major props for doing all of the dirty work in cleaning up after our sick dog this week.  I owe him big time.


WHEW, I got through all of my Valentines Challenge posts.  Now I get to work on posting all of the fun stuff I've been saving up all week.  Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Lauren @ A modern day wife's journey said...

Great post, how awesome to have a twin sister :-) Have a great one!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved