Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Sweet Valentine

Yesterday was the lovey-doviest day of the year, Valentine's Day, and as much as I hate to admit it, I look forward to the day every year.  I enjoy the having a day to go overboard on the cute heart-shaped goodies and mushy greetings cards for the man I love.  I know, I know, I don't need a special day to tell my man that I love him.  He hears it every day.  I just love holidays and find Valentine's Day to be a particularly fun one.

For the past 4 years, I've had a wonderful Valentine who is now my husband.  Since this is our first married Valentine's Day, I wanted to do something nice but not go overboard.  We agreed not to get each other real gifts, but I decided to buy him a slew of Reese's candies (I know what revs my man's engine) and make him a cute '52 Things I Love About You' book that I found on Pinterest (have I mentioned that I LOVE Pinterest?!). 

Here's the little book that I made with my rudimentary crafting skills...

My favorite thing I love...#24
I really do love his furry Hobbit feet!

When I woke up on V-Day morning and got ready for work, I was greeted by this sweet little display on the kitchen counter...
Yup, Winnie the Pooh Valentines with a little box of chocolates and an extremely funny card. 
So cute.

And I found this in my car...
More happy little Winnie the Pooh cards intended to make my morning brighter.  It totally worked.


At work, I got some beautiful roses...

I came home and exchanged gifts with Pete.  He also gave me candy, as well as a little bear and another more serious card that made me get a little misty.  We then went out to The Melting Pot for a great fondue dinner.  I think 'fondue' means 'overpriced' in Switzerland, but it was pretty tasty and I'm sure NOT on my diet.



We splurged on dinner, but since it was our first married Valentine's Day, I figured it would be worth it.  I think we'll probably spend more Valentine's Days at home in the future, but it's fun to go out for now while we're newlyweds and kid-free.

I was sitting with my hubby the other night and we were being silly and romantic with each other.  I said "I think if people could see us, they'd be grossed out by how cutesy we are with each other."  He said, "Probably." And I said, "But I don't care, because it took me a long time to find a love like this."  That's how I feel.  Lucky.

I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Emily Meyers said...

Hello! I had wanted to make that card book:( but yours looks so great! I'm a farely new blogger/writer and I just added myself to your followers for support, Maybe you could come follow me too?
thanks!
Emily from http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/

Lauren @ A modern day wife's journey said...

Your card booklet came out SO cute! Your hubby did a great job with your roses & Melting Pot yum! :-)

Nichole said...

I am a pinterest JUNKIE, come find me on there! Also, I love that the choco heart thingy he gave you said "BFF", that's so sweet to me. Jason gave me a funny Vday card and then a sweet meaningful one as well. Sounds like an awesome Valentines Day!

Melissa said...

I love how he left the Valentine's cards in your car too! So fun! I say be as mushy gushy lovey dovey as much as you can! Glad you guys had an awesome first married Valentine's Day!

A Wedding Story said...

Well if that isn't the cutest?


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved