Monday, March 26, 2012

A Lovely Weekend

I had such an great weekend.  So great, in fact, that I mourned the fact that it came to an end.  Here's the recap of my weekend...
  • On Friday, I stayed home an nursed the tail end of a nasty virus that took the wind out of my sails last week.  I really needed to finish recuperating so I could have a nice weekend, and I was so glad I did.  I was incredibly sad, though, that I missed the Tampa blogger girls' meet-up at Becca's house, but I saw their pictures and they clearly had a great time.
  • On Saturday, I was feeling 100% better, like my old self again, so I went to see my girlfriend Stephenie and her new baby William.  He was such a doll! 

  • On Saturday afternoon, hubby and I made a trip to Lowe's and said "Bye-bye coat closet, hello pantry!"  Our new pantry rocks my socks off.
  • On Saturday night, we went to Mellow Mushroom for dinner, but we were unable to find anyplace to park (that parking lot is totally redunkulous), so we went across the street to Outback.  We actually ended up having a great time, just the two of us.
  • Hubs and I decided we wanted cheap ice cream, so we stopped over to McDonald's to pick up two low-fat vanilla ice cream cones.  It's brilliant use of $2.  While we were there, we saw a crazy sight--two rogue, unicycling teenagers.  WTF.  Kids today are so weird.  We even caught one in action...

  • On Sunday, we went to Lakeland and met my family for the Detroit Tigers vs. Philadelphia Phillies spring training baseball game.  It was such a gorgeous day, and I didn't get sunburned! (It's always a red-letter day when I am outdoors for hours on end and don't get charred.  A special thanks is given to my Neutrogena sunscreen for working overtime.)




  • After we left the game and said goodbye to my family, we did some shopping and headed home.  We had a relaxing afternoon, and tried a new restaurant, PDQ in South Tampa, for dinner.  It ate some delicious chicken tenders and had far too much fun playing with the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine.
We had such an awesome weekend that I didn't want it to end.  The good news:  We're on to a new week, full of possibilities, laughter and good times.  I learned today that this is Clinique bonus week at Macy's so I'll be stopping by to check out the goods some night soon.  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay baseball! I am so glad that the season will be starting up again soon! Sounds like a fun weekend!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved