Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My oh my, it's the March Birchbox!

For Christmas this past year, my amazing twin sister and her hubby got me a 6 month subscription to Birchbox as one of my gifts.  I loved the idea, but I had no idea just how much I'd look forward to getting these little boxes of joy.  It's seriously a highlight of my month!  Ya'll know how much I love samples anyway.

I've loved my past Birchboxes, so I hoped and prayed my next one would be a tremendous success like the others.  As soon as I got the email saying that my Birchbox had shipped, I stalked my mailbox for several days, like a madwoman.  I probably had a crazed look in my eyes as I purposefully trotted down to my mailbox each day, hoping to see the package in my mail cubbie.  I got home late from work the other night, and I saw my Birchbox sitting on the kitchen counter.  Oh happy day, it arrived!

Here are the goods...
The description card.  This is awesome because it explains some of the weird-o things that they put in these boxes.

 Clockwise, from L to R:
Ahava Essential Daily Moisturizer
Kusmi Detox Tea
Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Shampoo
Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Conditioner
Talika Lipocils Expert
Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens


The good news is that this box has some great above-average sized samples.  The shampoo and conditioner will be great for a weekend getaway, so I'll probably save those for my next short trip.  The Boscia blotting papers work great if you have oily or combination skin, like moi.  I tried them in my past life as a beauty sales associate (though I preferred the rose scented version) and always recommended them to customers.  I'm always game for trying a new moisturizer like the Ahava since I've really enjoyed other Ahava products I've tried (like their foot cream). 

I'm not really keen on the Detox Tea because I'm not much of a hot tea drinker.  Gimme iced tea any day of the week, unsweetened please.  I'll be giving these teabags to my better half, who happens to love hot tea. 

The weird-o product of the month are the Talika Lipocils.  I had to read the description to figure out what this was.  Apparently this is an over-the-counter product that you apply to your eye lashes to help them grow thicker and longer.  There's just one problem though...

This is what the applicator is supposed to look like.  It's a normal mascara brush with a foam tip at the end to apply the formula to the base of your lashes.  Looks pretty cool, right?

Well this is what the applicator really looks like...
No mascara brush.  It's really just a lip gloss applicator.  I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to apply this product to my lashes without the mascara brush, or at least without getting the serum all over my eyes.  Hmm... Maybe I'm just not thinking creatively enough.  Let me know if you have any ideas!

All in all, it's not a BAD Birchbox, but definitely not the most exciting.  I see that some other bloggers were getting Essie nail polish in their boxes.  You know who's jealous??  THIS GIRL!!!  I loved my grayish purple nail polish from a couple of months ago, so I would love some fresh new colors for spring.  I'll just pout a little to myself, then I'll get over it and be happy with what I got. :)

Do you guys subscribe to Birchbox?  If so, what did you get in your boxes?

Adios!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved