Monday, March 19, 2012

Oh, What a Wonderful Weekend!

Once in awhile, a weekend comes along that soothes you and makes you feel like all is right in the world... and I just had one! 

I might have mentioned before that I really miss my twin sister, who lives all the way in O-Town and doesn't get to Tampa much. She and her hubby, D-Rail, came to visit this weekend and we had some much-needed family time.  They were really only here for about a day and a half, but it was enough to recharge my twin-battery.

Here are a few highlights:
  • Kelly and Darrell came over on Friday night, and we met up with Tracy to go to Rick's On The River for some cocktails.  We had some yummy, unhealthy-to-the-max grub and listened to a nostalgia-inducing cover band, all while watching a very entertaining gentleman cut the rug with some old-dude dance moves.  I can't believe I'd never been there before!  Never mind the fact that you have to go through the projects to get there... that place was a lot of fun!  I wish Pete could have joined us--that would have made the night even better.  (I would have had pictures to share but I left my camera at home.)
  • On Saturday, we made an early morning stop at Bath and Body Works to take advantage of some awesome sales.  I got hand soap, shower gel, candles, hand santizer... yup, I totally cleaned up!  I also had a slew of coupons (as per usual), which helped make it all even more affordable.  I really didn't need the candles, but they were such a good deal that I couldn't put them down.  Woo-hoo!
  • We stopped by Hula Bay for lunch to enjoy the beautiful day and dine on the water.  My mahi sandwich was the bombdotcom!
  • Kelly and I did a little shopping while Pete was at work and D-Rail took a nap.  We hit up DSW, Westshore Mall... and what's a girl's outing without a trip to Total Wine & More?  We even found my favorite spring seasonal beer, Abita Strawberry Harvest!
  • Kelly, D-Rail and I went to The Green Iguana Westshore (aka "The Green") to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, then Pete joined us after he got off work.  The Green had great green beer specials, so we were totally in the spirit.  We didn't bother with silly green beads or hats or boas or whatever else we've done in years' past.  We were just glad to be together!

  • We had dinner at Datz, and they had green mashed potatoes in honor of St. Pat's.  They were seriously Girl Scout green! (The pic below is a little dark because of the mood lighting, but you can see how bright those potatoes were!)
  • On Sunday, we hit up First Watch for brunch, then we said goodbye to the fam and their cute pup, Charlie.  We miss them already!
  • In basketball, my Michigan State Spartans beat St. Louis, making it into the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament!  I proudly sported my Spartans gear, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next game on Thursday night.
I hope you all had great St. Patrick's Day weekends!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You have Total Wine there? TIm loves that store. (since he loves craft beer) We actually got all of the wine, beer, and soda for our wedding from Total Wine. We saved so much money. Ok, I'm done. I sound like an advertisement for them. Lol.

Lauren said...

That strawberry beer looks so good!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved