Friday, March 9, 2012

Pourin' One Out For My Homie

I've heard the expression that the more things change, the more things stay the same.  Change is inevitable, but it's a constant--nothing stays the same forever, and the world, and life, are constantly evolving. 

Two things happened to me at my job this week that illustrated this point. 

FIRST:  I was told via email on Tuesday morning that I was being given more work to do, as if I wasn't already busy or stressed enough.  I was told that I needed to take over HR support of a certain huge department from a co-worker of mine, which I'd be doing in addition to my already full plate of responsibilities.  It was a total pile-on, but my boss knew that I'd never say no.  I'm a sucker team player like that.  The bad part about it:  no raise, no promotion.  Just more work.  {sigh}  I've learned over the years that resistance is futile, so I accepted the addition to my workload with a smile.  I can't help but feel a little ticked though.  Being ultra-reliable doesn't always pay off.

SECOND:  My boss was let go this morning.  It wasn't a surprise, but the shock still ran deep and I wasn't prepared for it to happen so soon.  Some people can't stand their boss, so this would be welcome news to them.  I,  on the other hand, had a stellar relationship with my boss and he was a huge supporter of mine.  He taught me SO much and I feel like I owe him big time.  I'm totally gonna pour one out for my homie tonight, in the form of me pouring delicious beers down my throat.  Just for you, Steve, just for you.  It's really the end of an era for me.  I'm sad that things have to change, but I'm hopeful about the future.  I have a new boss, but the work remains the same, so maybe it won't be so bad.

I'm going to give myself the weekend to sulk, then it's onward and upward.  I just keep reminding myself, there's no crying in baseball.  It will be okay, and I'll embrace the changes and challenges ahead.

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved