Saturday, March 3, 2012

Super Saturday & Painting Perfection

Hola Chicquitas!  Saturday is definitely my favorite day of the week.  They're always awesome, so it's no wonder that I dream of this day all week long! 

I started my day by sleeping in, and Bella, bless her little puppy soul, slept in with me!  When I woke up, she was content to give me kisses and snuggle for an extra half hour.  When we finally got out of bed around 11 am (I know, I know, I slept my whole morning away), I was able to get ready before taking Bella on her morning (er, noontime) walk.

I decided that I needed lunch and I wanted to do a little shopping, so I headed out and stopped at McDonalds to claim one of my free meals.  Back story:  I almost never eat fast food, but I had purchased some Living Social vouchers for Big Macs and french fries, which Pete and I decided to use one night on our way to a Lightning game a month or two ago.  While we were there, the supervisor was rude to both me and her employee, and I noticed mold growing on the drink machine.   I didn't raise a stink in the store, but I stewed over it all night.  I never do this, but I decided to lodge a complaint with McDonald's corporate because they needed to know when customers have these types of experiences.  At first, all I got was a form-letter email, which I mentioned in their follow-up customer service survey.  After that, I had multiple managers call me, and they sent me 6 coupons for free meals.  They also had us come in for two more free meals, aside from those coupons.  We've eaten more McDonald's in the past month than I had in the previous 6!  Since I love coupons and am always budget conscious, I am bound and determined to use these things in the upcoming months.  I feel like I'm ripping McDonald's off, but I guess that's how they treat people who cause a fuss.  No complaints here!

After having my delicious, unhealthy, artery-clogging lunch, I stopped by Nordstrom Rack where I came up totally empty-handed.  Booo!  I normally find such great stuff there.  Actually, I did see some watches and sunglasses that I liked, but absolutely did not need.  I knew my hubby would be less than pleased if I dropped cash on unnecessary things, so I left quietly and with a frown on my face.  I also stopped at Marshall's but it was disasterously picked over.  Another disappointment.  Today was not my day for shopping!

When I got back home, Pete and I decided to crack open a new beer discovery that Pete made last night at Total Wine:

Shipyard Applehead!  Knowing that I crave the Shipyard Pumpkinhead beer (fall seasonal) with a firey desire unlike any other, Pete saw the breweries spring seasonal and brought it home for us.  I didn't even know they made a spring seasonal!  Typically apple flavored beers are ciders, but this was definitely a beer, and it was yummy.  I has more of a sour apple flavor than I expected, but I'm kind of digging it!

This evening, I got some much needed girl time when I want out with everyone to celebrate Julie's birthday!  We started out by going to our fave sushi joint, Yoko's in South Tampa.
 Here we are, chatting for so long that we forget that we're on a schedule and begrudgingly place our order...
L to R:  Tracy, Moi, Mary Hall and the birthday girl, Julie

When I ordered, I got two rolls...

Hello, Hawaiian Roll!  Hello, Bucs Roll!  It's so nice to see you both tonight!

And this is what I did to those rolls...
All. By. Myself. 
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing!"  ~ Homer Simpson

After dinner, we went to a new painting studio in South Tampa called Painting with a Twist.  We took the Sunflowers painting class, and it was a blast!  First of all, it was pretty hard for amatuer artists like us.  It was VERY hard for me because I don't have a steady hand.  I'm not shaky like tweaker, but it was still a struggle.  Me trying to paint straight lines with a paint brush is almost a joke, but luckily my painting wasn't being graded.  I channeled my inner Bob Ross and thought about painting happy trees (in this case, flowers), and the calming thoughts chilled me out.  Here was what our finished product, painted by our instructor Erin, was going to look like:


Here was my background after it was completed:

I thought I did a pretty good job of blending the colors and making sure the whole canvas was covered in paint.  Wow, I can't believe I felt so accomplished by simply covering the canvas with paint!  I guess that tells you something about my artistic prowess.

Here's my finished painting, which I'm pretty proud of! 

 I mean, it's a step above a 9 year old's school art project, but I did it by myself (no stencils or copying) and you can actually tell what it's supposed to be! YAY!


Here we are as a group of very proud painters:


Talk about fun!  I just love trying new things, and I'm sure we'll be going back for another class in the future.

I hope you all had wonderful Saturdays too!  Did you do anything fun?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

OKay, we all DEF need to do a painting one night!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved