Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Revisited

Hey girlies!  I hope you all had a terrific weekend.  Mine was busy-busy, but it was all good stuff.  No complaints here.  Here's a little recap of the fun...

On Saturday, I visited the Strawberry Festival in Plant City with my girls Tracy and Katherine and we had a blast!  It was a little slice of redneck heaven, and the people-watching was priceless, as per usual.  Since strawberries are my all-time favorite food, I was quite a happy camper.  We ate corndogs with Arnold Palmers, and of course huge strawberry shortcakes.  Yum!  Here are a few pictures from our day...

The main strawberry shortcake stand is run by a local Catholic church, who requires as "donation" in exchange for the goods.  It's delicious, so it's worth it.


This is the trough shortcake buffet.  That big white thing in the middle?  That's a huge vat of Cool Whip.  Yup.  I almost died when I saw that.

I was sweating my bum off (can you believe it's this hot in March?), but I was delighted to get my treat.  I didn't go easy on the Cool Whip, did I?

On our way out of the Strawberry Festival, we stopped and bought flats of strawberries.  I was able to get a full 8-lb flat for just $5!  I have absolutely no need for 8 lbs. of strawberries, being that there are only two of us in this little family, but I decided to clean all of them, then freeze 4 lbs. that I can later use to make a batch of strawberry preserves.

So pretty.  They just remind me of spring, and that makes me smile.

After going to the Strawberry Festival, I cleaned up again and went to Katherine's going away party at Brio at International Plaza.  Tracy and I got there a little early, so we popped into The Pub for a quick drink.
This, my friends, is my favorite pub drink, a Snakebite.  It's half Harp, half cider, and it rocks my world.  It sounds weird but it's ahhhmazing!



Brio was delish, so I'll totally be going back with Pete.  Afterward, Tracy and I left and stopped by Yogurtology to pick up some cupcake batter low-fat fro yo.  I really don't go there often enough, but I'm sure I'll be going there more as the temps increase.

On Sunday, Pete and I went to Bright House Field in Clearwater to see the Phillies play the Tigers in a spring training baseball game.  It was so much fun!  I can't believe I've never been to a game there.  Here are a few pictures from the game...


See the person lounging in the lawn chair out front?  That's the Hooters Ball Girl.  She was really exterting herself.  I didn't see her budge the entire game, but she had a pretty sweet view so I can't blame her.

Here's the scoreboard.  The Tigers logo is the exciting part of the picture. 


Here we are, basking in the sun.  I was in the process of burning to a crisp when this was taken.  My little arms are lobster red today!

On Sunday night, we went to dinner at Rouen Thai with our dear friends Jess and Steve to celebrate Steve's birthday.  It was awesome to see them again, but hopefully we will be able to see them again soon.  Our dogs need a play date.

So it was a lovely weekend, full of fun events and great friends.  I hope you all had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I love BRIO!! That place is so good. We never got to the Strawberry Festival this year but I love to people watch. Sounds like a good weekend!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved