- On Friday, Hubs and I ordered Chinese take-out, then I caught up on my DVR while he went to work. I had some lengthy phone conversations, and loved getting caught up with everyone while watching episodes of Who Do You Think You Are? and the New Girl. It was quiet, but definitely rejuvenating.
- On Saturday, I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting (eep!) and left feeling both depressed at the number on the scale and excited about the possibility of this being successful. And then what did I do on my way home? I stopped and picked up a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cupcake from Gigi's as my last hurrah. It's totally defeats the purpose of the meeting, right? Well it made perfect sense at the time, but maybe that was the depression talking. (On a side note, it might have been the most delicious cupcake I've ever had... it gave me a total food-gasm.)
- My sister came to visit from Orlando to be Hubby and I's guest at his radio station's big annual concert. We had lunch at PDQ (mostly because they have a Coke Freestyle machine), then went to the mall do to some pre-cruise shopping. We headed over to the concert mid-afternoon, and enjoyed lots of live music until around 11:30 pm.
Twins! (Me and Kel)
Hubby and I
(Ignore the camo hat.)
- We ended up seeing P.O.D., Trivium, Halestorm, Five Finger Death Punch, Evanescence and Shinedown. Shinedown was the headliner and experienced technical issues halfway through their set, forcing them to finish the show acoustically. I love acoustic shows, so I wasn't complaining! I'd already seen Shinedown do two full acoustic shows before, though, so I had hoped for a fully plugged-in set this time. Hopefully I'll be able to see them do their regular show in the future.
- A highlight from the concert: Between Evanescence and Shinedown, the arena played Jay-Z's "99 Problems" and a rock remake of Skee-Lo's "I Wish". Hello, nostalgia!! I've got great memories of drinking too much and getting crazy to those songs. It's the little things in life, girls!
- On Sunday, my sis left and the Hubs and I just puttered around the house, doing chores and napping. We'll never have this life once kids come along, so we're cherishing it now while we've got it! In the evening, we met up with Hubby's friends so they could watch the WWE pay-per-view. I can't say that the show excites me that much, but the time spent with friends makes it worthwhile. Heaven forbid you tear those guys away from their male soap-opera!!
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and have a great week ahead!