Saturday, April 21, 2012

Birchbox Reveal

I got this month's Birchbox last week.  I always look forward to its arrival because, as you know, I am a total sample junkie and I love getting a new surprise each month.  For the past few months, I've noticed that I'm getting A LOT of skincare products in my Birchboxes.  While, skincare samples rock, I've noticed that I'm not really getting makeup or nail polish anymore.  You know, the really fun stuff!   Booooo!  I've had enough of being gypped out of the sweet stuff, so I finally went onto the Birchbox website and changed all of my preferences!  Hopefully next month's box is a little more inspiring.

So heeerrrreeee's my Birchbox...



Since the print on the card is a little small, here's what I got:

Benta Berry Exfoliating Facial Cleanser
Weleda Pomegranate Day Firming Cream
Pangea Organics Facial Scrub
Pangea Organics Eye Cream
Pangea Organics Lip Balm
Taylor Swift Wonderstruck perfume

So I've had a chance to try almost all of these products now, and some are better than others. 

I wasn't a fan of the Benta Berry Cleanser.  While the exfoliating properties were great (I love a light daily exfoliation), the product left a weird, greasy film on my skin after I rinsed, and rinsed, and rinsed again.  Yuck. 

I was really over-indexed on Pangea Organics products, but I tried them all.  I mean, if they gave me a whole slew of them, they must be pretty confident in the brand's effectiveness!  I LOVE the lip balm (the flavor is Egyptian Fennel with Grapefruit and Sweet Orange, which is totally unique), but the size of the stick is a little awkward.  It's larger in diameter than a typical lip balm, so I feel like I get extra lip balm smeared above and below my lip lines if I'm not careful with the application.  If I position it right, then it goes on and feels like a dream.  The scrub was average, I could take or leave it.  The eye cream felt great, though.  I only wish they'd given me more of it so I could see the effects of more than one use.

I actually liked the Wonderstruck fragrance.  I've only worn it once, but I enjoyed both the initial notes and the dry-down.  It was what I expected a Taylor Swift fragrance to be:  fairly light, floral and with a hint of fruity goodness.  It was a little more dramatic than your typical light floral, but definitely not an olfactory conundrum.  You definitely feel the sweet, semi-innocent Taylor Swift vibe emananting from the tube.

The only one I haven't tried yet is the Weleda day cream, but I'll get to it tomorrow.  I've been enjoying my normal daily moisturizer too much to swap out this sample.

If you get Birchboxes, what did you get?  I always love hearing how different everyone's boxes are!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I think I need to look into Birchbox. It's sounds like a great way to try new things. :)


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved