Thursday, April 12, 2012

Catching Up

Thus far, this week has been a whirlwind.  I'm tired and it's not even Friday yet!  It just seems like there haven't been enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished, but I've been making it work.  It's all about forging ahead and making the most of every day, trying to cram in as much as I can.  In the spirit of this li'l blog, some great things have happened this week that I'd love to share.

  • Easter weekend... as I said, it was fun, but chock full of family and activities.  There were 11 of us for Easter dinner this year, which seems like a crazy number.  As a family that has been transplanted to another state, it feels nuts to think about having more than my nuclear family at a holiday function.  Now two of my uncles live down here, so we are starting to have bigger family gatherings again.  We swam, shopped, ate (way too much), and enjoyed spending time together.  One big happy family. (Sounds really hokey right?  Well it's actually true.  We all like each other and get along.)  I'm actually blessed to have such a loving and caring family that I adore so much.  Here are a few pictures from the weekend:
Why yes, that IS a Cadbury Egg Brownie.

The Din-Din.

Peep Sushi, Courtesy of Hubs

  • My sister, brother-in-law, Hubby and I all went out to Sharkey's on the Pier in Venice, FL for cocktails the night before Easter.  It was a great time to catch up without our parents being around.  I had several blue margaritas that were to die for while listening to a fun cover band on the beach.  It doesn't get any better than that!



  • On Monday night, I went out with the girls to Drag Queen Bingo at Hamburger Mary's, which benefitted the Gorrie Elementary School Relay for Life team.  The money all went to a phenomenal charity and the teachers were thrilled at the turnout.  My gay bestie Kennie won one of the bingos, and won a gift bag full of crazy goodies, including this Vera Bradley cosmetic bag which he gave to me.  Score!  He said he didn't have any make up to put in it, which actually shocks me.  Kennie's as much of a girl as I am.
Trip Kit in Imperial Toile



  • Midweek was work, work, work.  I also found out that one of my BFFs at work is going to be leaving my company in May.  There are so many changes going on there, but I'm trying to stay focused on my work and stay positive.  Things always work out for the best.
  • On Wednesday night, I went to Orlando to see my sis and brother-in-law.  They're awesome for giving me a place to stay when I need to come to town for business, and they're the most amazing, accommodating hosts.  Plus I love seeing my nephew-dog, Charlie.  After my 2 hour and 20 minute drive through rush hour hell, I arrived safely and was starving.  We hit up Dexter's in Winter Park for dinner, and Menchie's for fro yo afterward.  Menchie's Cake Batter fro yo was a religious experience.  You must try it sometime!
  • After my business meeting, I met my sister for lunch in downtown Orlando.  We had lunch at Urban Flats and took a walking tour of downtown.  We then went up to City Hall to meet her coworkers, who were all on Twin Watch.  They were SO excited to meet me!  Clearly Kelly has been telling everyone about me, which I love. :)
It's back to work for me tomorrow, but it's been a busy few days and I'm incredibly thankful that tomorrow is Friday.  I'm totally looking forward to this weekend.  I don't have any solid plans so we're going to play it by ear and see what happens!  I love those weekends. 


Toodles!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved