Monday, April 2, 2012

Extended Weekend & Family Love

This weekend, Hubby Dearest and I decided to take Monday off work to create a long-coveted three-day weekend.  Ahhhh, such a big sigh of relief, knowing that we get an extra day off work.  It makes me savor the time all the more.

On Saturday, Pete went to work for a good chunk of the day, so I took some me time and hit up the mall.  I found some cute tops at Old Navy, some make-up at Macy's (hello Clinique bonus!), and scored a new pair of casual weekend pants.  I also saw several adorable pairs of flip flops, but I know Pete would flip his lid if I came home with more.  I have what is known as a Serious Flip Flop Problem.  (Recommmending a 12-step program for this wouldn't be wholly inappropriate.) 

On Saturday afternoon, hubster and I went to Ikea, where I got loads of new kitchen stuff and Pete came home with a new shoe rack.  We LOVE Ikea, especially their low-fat frozen yogurt.  For dinner, we decided to try out a new pizza place that just opened down the street from our casa, Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza.


The pizza was actually pretty tasty.  The lighting in the restaurant was not cooperating with my camera, so I didn't get a picture of my delish pie.  Since it's coal-fired, it's got a thinner, crispy crust, with charred edges.  We really dug this pizza, and I'm sure we'll be using their take-out services in the near future.  The bad part was that the restaurant was very small, and there was no waiting area other than out in front of the restaurant (which is no bueno when it's raining at dinner time in the summer).

On Sunday, we made the drive down to Venice to see the 'rents, and we go to keep my dad company while my mom was off galavanting (read: seeing a musical) with her friends.  We did some swimming, then went out to Sharkey's On The Pier for dinner.  We sat outside, with a clear view to the beach, enjoying the steel drum band and some cocktails.  It doesn't get any better than that!




On Monday, my cousins Jody and Missy came down from Michigan with their families, so we had a chance to catch up with them at my uncle's barbecue.  The last time we saw them was at our wedding 10 months ago, so we were way overdue.  They were SUCH a hoot, and when we see them, it's like no time has passed.  I really love catching up with my family when they visit!

That guy on the far right, the one wearing the tacky hawaiian shirt, is my dad.  You can totally make fun of him for wearing that if you want.

My sweetie and I, enjoying the excellent company and sunshine. 



Well, it's back to the grind tomorrow.  At least I can go back to work feeling refreshed by a long weekend filled with great family, food and love.  Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Looks like a good weekend! I love Anthony's; especially the wings!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved