Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Love

Hello girlies!!  Did you all have a wonderful weekend?  I wasn't quite sure how this weekend would pan out, but it actually turned out pretty stellar!  I usually find that some of the most uncertain weekends turn out the best, because you play things by ear and find the fun as you go along.  Here's a recap of the good times...

  • On Friday night, I came home to cook my hubby a proper dinner (pork chops, rice and veggies, to be exact), then I took off and met up with some of my co-workers for kareoke.  Before you even ask, NO, I did not subject anyone to my tone-deaf singing!  I actually like these co-workers and don't want them to tease me behind my back (you know how girls can be).  I played a support role, cheering on the other girls and their significant others while I sipped Magic Hat #9s and noshed on buffalo shrimp.  I would love to see us get together outside of work more often!
  • On Saturday, Hubby and I went out to lunch, then he went off to work and I came home to take care of the casa.  In the afternoon, my sweet friend Jess came over so we could have a Twilight movie marathon.  We cooked fajitas for din-din and took a break between New Moon and Eclipse for fro yo.  I'm so glad I finally introduced Jess to Yogurtology, and even happier that she loved it!
  • On Sunday, Hubs and I watched the Philadelphia Flyers take out the Pittsburgh Penguins to win the first round of the playoffs.  I loved seeing Pete be so happy after a sporting event!  I picked us up some yummy sandwiches and we had little picnic for two in our living room while watching the winning game.
  • After the hockey game, we did some shopping at Target and Sam's Club (like the old people we are!), then went out on a date night!  Our wild date night consisted of stopping by our favorite dive sports bar for wings, then we went to see The Hunger Games.  The movie totally didn't disappoint!  I loved the movie (Hutcherson's a cutie!), and can't wait to read the book to get more of the back story about the rebellion and the mockingjay pin.  It's been awhile since Pete and I had a date night, and we really needed it.  Don't all couples, though?  I think date nights are good for the married soul. 
Finally, a great weekend that didn't involve me shopping and spending money on clothes and bath products!  I'm sure Pete was THRILLED.

Today I went back to work and it was an uneventful day.  What made it better was getting more information on a gift I got last week. 


An executive that I support at my company is a rock and gem nerd, and brought some goodies back for me from a huge annual gem show in Tucson, AZ.  He gave me the items above, probably as a bribe, but I'll take what I can get.  Not many people give the HR girl presents, particularly not ones that ignite my geek flame!!  I don't often share this with people but I double majored in college in HR and Anthropology/Archaeology.  So rocks and fossils are totally up my alley, but I almost never tell anyone about it.  It's my dirty, nerdy little secret. 

Anywho, the rock on the top left is a coprolite, which is actually petrified poop.  No joke.  Now I can say with all certainty that I have shit on my desk!  The glossy spiral shaped thing in the top center is a fossilized shellfish.  The rock on the top right is a fossilized insect, though I forget the name of it.  It's pretty impressive up close.  The bag on the bottom left is naturally occurring pure copper from upper Michigan, the bag at the lower center is natural silicon, and the pointy things on the bottom right are teeth from a Mosasaurus, an aquatic flippered lizard that lived 70 million years ago during the Upper Cretaceous period.  These make interesting conversation pieces in my work space, and play to my education interests.  Love them!

I hope you ladies had a great weekend and happy Monday!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Hehe, sounds like a great weekend! I love me some Magic Hat! And karaoke! (strictly in an observational sense, of course!) :)

Nichole said...

Sounds like a good weekend! I still need to try froyo/yogurtology! I think I am the LAST person, lol


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved