Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm baaack!

Wow, I'm finally back from an impromptu blogging vacation, and I've missed it!!  I decided last week that I had a number of important matters to attend to and needed to focus my energy on those things, rather than blogging, shopping and obsessing over my diet and exercise regimine.  I'm so glad I did, but I've come out of the week with even more to-do's and a list of blog posts that I'm yearning to write.  Isn't that usually the way it goes? 

Here's a recap of a few highlights and comments from the last week...

  • The Philadelphia Flyers lost in the playoffs on May 8, and this was followed by days of mourning by my Hubs.  His hopes for a Stanley Cup were once again dashed, this time by the New Jersey Devils.
  • Hubs was offered a new job on Thursday, and we are elated!  The salary is great, the new company's staff is largely made up of people who've migrated from his current employer, and the company is located across the street from his current employer.  Talk about an easy transition!  I think this is going to be a great move for him.  We said 'screw you' to our diet and went out for sushi to celebrate.
  • One of my closest co-workers at work officially announced that she's leaving our company this Friday.  It's bittersweet.  I'll miss her, but sometimes it's for the best that people move on.
  • I had a Yogurtology date with Tracy and Tammy, and you know fro yo is always a highlight of my week.  I just love those girls!  They're the best entertainment in South Tampa.
  • I went on a solo shopping trip on Saturday, and even though I don't love shopping alone, I have to say that I got SO MUCH DONE in a short amount of time!  It's easier to shop alone when you're buying underwear and Spanx.  Maybe I should shop alone more often... maybe.
  • I met up with Jess, Steve, Joe and Megan for dinner at Datz on Saturday.  I had an Apple Pie Moonshine Martini that was freakin' amazing!  It tasted like Trop 50 apple juice.  Talk about dangerous.  I'd go from zero to wasted with just 3 of these puppies.  My dinner was also good (Havana Hottie sandwich), but who cares about food when the cocktails are so fabulous?!
  • I met Nichole and Lauren for brunch at Datz on Sunday.  Yes, I went to Datz for two meals in a row.  I think I like the place!!  I loved getting to see these girls again, and hopefully we can meet up again soon.  I also got my monkeybread fix, so all was good.
  • Hubs and I had a heart-to-heart on Sunday and it just reminds me of how much I love him.  He even bought me flowers, and what girl could be disappointed with that? 
  • I've been crazy busy so my house has fallen to Hell in a handbasket.  This new week is dedicated to cleaning up!
So I've had a great (and tiring) week, but I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.  I hope you've all had a great week.  I've gotta go now and catch up on some blog reading... :)

4 comments:

TheTinyHeart said...

I actually LOVE shopping alone! I feel like I can really focus better and spend all the time I need in the stores :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Enter my giveaway!

Lauren said...

I shop alone too haha :-) Great seeing you this past weekend that food was so good!

lil desiqua said...

Wow, a busy week indeed! Looks like a lot of fun too though!

I actually prefer shopping alone, though it rarely happens. Well, I prefer it until I need an opinion on something!

Congrats to hubs!

Nichole said...

Brunch was great! Hope we can do it again, sometime SOON! And I'm glad you & hubs can talk about things so well


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved