Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Loving Mother's Day

Hi there!  Happy Tuesday!!  I can't believe I haven't been able to post about Mother's Day weekend yet.  I've just been crazy busy, and it just hasn't felt like there are enough hours in the day.  Ya know what I'm sayin'?? 

Anywho, I had a great Mother's Day weekend!  Hubs and I went down south to visit my parents for the weekend, where I ate everything wholly forbidden by my diet.  Steak.  Cocktails.  A Sausage McMuffin with Egg.  I even tried one of those new Confetti Cake Blizzards from Dairy Queen!  It's essentially funfetti cake in vanilla ice cream and it. was. the. bomb.  I recommend you grab one of these bad boys as a snack or cheat meal or whatever floats your boat.

Aside from eating, we were there to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom, who is truly extraordinary.  I know everyone says that about their moms, but I really do feel that way.  My mom's sweet, generous, a great cook, and SO wise.  She has the best advice and she's extremely smart about money, work, household stuff, marriage...  She's an amazing resource for almost everything.  It's no wonder that I talk to her everyday!

For Mother's Day, my sister and our husbands gave her a gift card to Bonefish Grill (one of her new favorite restaurants) and a Bissell Steam Mop.  She seriously wanted that Steam Mop, so we finally got it for her so she'd stop begging me to order her one.


That's one proud Mama, posing with her coveted Steam Mop.  You'd think that thing was a Rolex the way she's smiling about it and snuggling up to it.  But that's my mom.  She loves her cleaning implements.  (Also notice that her trusty iPhone is right next to her.  She's addicted to that thing too, especially Words with Friends.)

We took my mom out to a lovely restaurant overlooking the ocean, Gulf View Grill in Englewood, where we saw water and palm trees and a little beach village. 


I also had a truly magnificent cocktail, a  Key Lime Pie Martini...


I also like to celebrate Mother's Day because I'm a mom to my sweet dog, Bella.  Even though she's not a human, she's a person and a vital member of my little family.

Oh hi, I'm Bella.  But you can call me Piglet or B-Boozle.

Bella is 11 years old and I'll have had her for 10 years this July.  I love her more and more every year, and I can't imagine my life without her.  She's been a part of my family since I brought her home from the Humane Society at 9 months old, and we've really grown up together.  She saw my through my turbulent 20s and now into my 30s, and we've settled into a pretty great life together.  Here are a few of my favorite recent pictures of Bella...

Pretending to be a cat.

Waking the Princess up from her peaceful slumber.

During a recent trip to the vet, where she looked SO worried.

Even though I don't have a human baby yet, Bella will always be considered my first child.  Hubs had come to accept this as fact, though I'm sure he thinks I'm being silly.  I'm just completely smitten by my pup!  To celebrate Mother's Day, Hubs sent me the picture below via text message...


I hope all of the other moms (to humans and/or furbabies) out there had a great Mother's Day too!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love that you have several different names for your pup! We have about 3 different nicknames for both of ours, and they answer to all of them!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved