Thursday, May 31, 2012

My First Cravebox

It's absolutely no secret that I love Birchbox, samples and getting packages in the mail.  There's just something thrilling about getting a little box of the unknown to open each month, like a little surprise party in my mailbox!  There's almost nothing better.  My husband's hugs edge out Birchbox in the Happiness category.  Even though I think Birchbox is amazing, I have to admit that I have been really disappointed and completely underwhelmed with a couple of my boxes.  I recently changed all of my preferences, but I am still a little skeptical about how amazing Birchbox will continue to be. 

I decided to branch out and see if there were any subscription box services that were better than Birchbox (don't hate me for thinking that there may be something better out there).  I decided to sign up for one month of My Glam Bag and Cravebox just to see if either of them can out-do my dearest Birchbox.  They're each $10/month, just like Birchbox, so you'd figure they should be equivalent in quality.  My Glam Bag is supposedly focused on makeup, while Cravebox is a mixture of beauty products, snacks and household items.  Both are intriguing, so I figured I'd give them a whirl.  I signed up for both waitlists and hoped I'd get the subscription soon.

I received a message recently saying that My Glam Bag will be coming next month.  Good deal.  Last week I received a message saying my Cravebox would be sent out shortly.  It ended up arriving today!!


I am a sucker for the full subscription box experience, so I get excited about pretty packaging, colorful inserts and festive fillers.  This box had it all.  It was just so cute and cheerful!

And here were the goodies...


(Clockwise, starting at top left)
Skintersection Intense Repair Cream for Cracked Skin, 2 fl oz
Guylian Belgian Chocolate Truffles, 6 ct, 2.29 oz.
Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub, Coconut Lime scent, 18 oz.
Lipton Tea & Honey Iced Green Tea Mix, Mango Pineapple scent, 0.13 oz.
Sunsweet Plum Amazins Diced Dried Plums, 2 1 oz. pkgs


I love the variety in this box!!!  It's food and body products.  What red-blooded girl would complain about that???  Let's talk first about the bath and body products.  
 

I'm loving that the cracked skin treatment is practically unscented and isn't greasy at all. That's got to be a first for cracked skin treatments, because my previous purchases of these left my skin feeling slick and oily for hours after use. No bueno.

And about that scrub... I was actually pretty shocked to see a full-size product in the box!  I've come to expect these boxes to have "deluxe samples", meaning anywhere from 1 to 3 uses, so to see a big tub of this scrub staring me in the face was a treat and a half!  It's also coconut lime scented, which I adore (it reminds me of Bath and Body Works' Coconut Lime Verbena).  It's like the bath product gods heard me lamenting about how much I hate my current Missha Kiwi Body Scrub (don't ever buy it), and they delivered me a sweet li'l alternative via Cravebox!  Oh happy day!

The food yummies are not to be forgotten.  I'm saving these chocolates for my cruise next week, and the plum snacks and drink mix will be going to my office tomorrow. 

Have you tried Cravebox or My Glam Bag yet?  What did you think about them?

4 comments:

Nichole said...

I'd never heard of either of these! I will NEED to check em' out!

Nicole said...

I haven't tried any Birchbox or any of these other boxes of goodies. But if any, I would want this one!

wildonix said...

I got really tired of Birchbox and cancelled it. I am also subscribe to Myglam, Cravebox, The Soap Box and Thelookbag and my favorite is the soap box and then myglam.

KMoody said...

I'm a new subscriber to all three of these. I got my first Birchbox last month -- Gossip Girl themed -- and enjoyed the contents because I felt like they were high-end and excellent quality, even if they were only sample sized. I also received my first MyGlam bag, and I was severely disappointed. It came with orange lipstick, nail press-ons, and cheap cosmetic brushes. Not a fan. I'm giving MyGlam one more month to change my feelings... I'm still waiting for my May Cravebox, but your post has me really excited!!! :)


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved