Monday, May 7, 2012

A Quickie on Cinco de Drinko

Hola chiquitas!  The Monday after Cinco de Mayo is always a tough one, knowing that our little fun-filled Mexican drinking holiday is now behind us for another year.  Make me sad, but just for a second because I remember how many other amazing things are ahead of us this year!  I'm really loving 2012!

Cinco de Mayo was supposed to be a girls-only dinner-and-margarita-a-thon, and at one point there were 8 of us going.  As the day grew closer, some of the girls ended up having to work, one's husband surprised her with a weekend getaway, etc. so it ended up being just me and one of my best girlfriends, Tracy.  We always joke that Tray-Tray is cray-cray, but that's the charm of the girl!  She makes even a two-person outing a night to remember.

We decided to hit up our favorite Mexican restaurant, Miguel's.  They opened a great new outdoor bar area not long ago, so we had to take advantage of it during our long wait.  We started out the evening with a couple rounds of these bad boys...


We normally don't drink Corona, but since it's practically a sin not to have some real cerveza to celebrate the Mexican motherland.  Plus they were on special, and we are girls who appreciate a bargain!

We waited for what seemed like a damned eternity, and we were finally seated for dinner.  Man, were our tummies growling!  We noshed on chips and guac while the very overwhelmed kitchen did its thang.  We knew we had lots of time, so snacking it was!


Yes, more Corona.  Remember, this is a judgement-free zone!

With dinner, I ordered a frozen pomegranate margarita, which was so delicious I didn't get a picture of it before the glass became empty.  Oops!  Bad blogger.

I actually snapped a picture of the Fantastico (3 enchilada combination), but the lighting was so bad I won't bother posting it.  This is exactly why I'm going to be investing in a new camera soon!

Here are me and Tracy, giddy from a night of indulgence, gossiping and laughter...


My empty margarita glass was in front of me, calling my name, begging to be refilled.  But alas, I had to drive home, so I had to cool it with the cocktails. 

When I finally got home, I was met by my little furbaby, Bella, who is so shaggy right now that her eyebrows are covering her eyes when she sleeps.


What a wonderful Cinco!  What did you do enjoy the Cinco de Mayo festivities?

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved