Monday, June 18, 2012

Birchbox Brag

On a Monday, I'm always looking for something to celebrate, to help me kick off the week right.  So today it's going to be Birchbox!!  I'm even linking up today for the Birchbox Brag, because sharing my Birchboxes is one of my favorite things to do.  Doesn't everyone love to see the goodies everyone else is getting? 

Sometimes I get jealous because other people get things that I would have really loved, but I definitely appreciate the boxes I've gotten in the past couple of months.  They've been SO much better since I changed my preferences!  I totally shoulda done it months ago, but whatevs, at least they're good now.

This month's theme was Jet Set, so the boxes featured products that were great on-the-go beauty finds.

So without futher adieu...  My Birchbox!


Comodynes Self Tanning Intensive Towelettes (2)
Eyeko Fat Eye Stick (Black)
Likewise Facial Moisturizer + Sun Protectant SPF 50 Normal to Oily
theBalm Staniac in Beauty Queen
tili Bags - Leopard Print
John Varvatos Star USA Cologne

I actually find this to be a pretty fun Birchbox, because I landed a full size product and found a new product to add to my aresenal of beauty weapons.  Successful, right?!   I think so.

The quart-size plastic baggie with the leopard print was so-so.  It's cute, sure, but would I spend $8.49 on a 9-pack of them?  Probably not.  I'll stick to my Ziploc bags, thankyouverymuch.

The Eyeko Eye Stick is truly wonderful.  It has a creamy formula that glides on easily and smudges like a dream!  This makes creating a smoky eye a breeze!  What's better?  The pencil doesn't need to be sharpened.  When you want more, you just twist up from the base like a lipstick.  So cool.  I hear other bloggers got these pencils in gold and charcoal, both of which I'd have loved too. 

The Likewise moisturizer is pretty exciting for me because I've been looking for a new daily mosturizer with a serious SPF for my fair skin, especially one that won't make my skin an oil slick.  This moisturizer checks all of the boxes, but I'm going to try it again to see if I want to commit to the full-size version.

The theBalm Stainiac was a product I'd heard about before, but I was unsure about trying.  I've been using the Benefit BeneTint cheek and lip stain for years and love the results, so the thought of giving a competitor a try left me skeptical.  The Stainiac, however, is different.  It's more of a gel than a liquid, and it's much more subtle.  What that gives me is more control over the color.  And boy, do I love control (just ask my Hubs)!  I use a little, or I can layer it on until I achieve the desired intensity.  This is on it's way to becoming one of my new beauty staples!

The Comodynes self-tanning towelettes have not been used yet, but I plan to give them a try soon, probably on my legs (which need the color the most).  I gave the John Varvatos men's fragrance to Hubs, which he'll probably use on a day when he's feeling adventurous.  He really likes using the same cologne, so we'll see if he branches out and tries it.

Did you get any of these items in your Birchbox?  If you did, what did you love and what did you hate?

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved