Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Beginning-of-July!

Hi friends!  Last week was a completely ridiculous week at work because I was covering for a co-worker who was out on vacation, so I really, really needed a great weekend... and this past weekend did not disappoint!  I thank my lucky stars for having awesome friends and a wonderful hubby who keep me sane.  Oh and I can't forget my Diet Coke.  That keeps me sane too.

Friday night was our Girls Night Out (which still causes me to squeal with delight), so I got to meet the gang for a yummy PF Chang's dinner and the evening screening of Magic Mike!  Lemme tell you, those boys have got it goin' on.  Seriously.  If you haven't seen the movie yet, GO!  Run, do not walk, to your nearest movie theater and check out Channing Tatum's stripper moves.  You can tell that boy did it in real life because he's just a little too good at it.  It doesn't hurt that the movie was filmed in Tampa Bay and Channing used to strip here in his younger days.  It also doesn't hurt that you see lots of shirtless, hunky men with bare asses shaking their thangs all over the movie screen.  My husband refused to see this movie, so it's a good thing the girls wanted to go!  (Like they would have said no!)

On Saturday, I slept in (really late), then finally rolled out of bed and baked strawberry daiquiri cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting to take to my pal Stephenie's house party.  I love nothing more than combining two of my loves:  alcohol and cupcakes.  They were SO good, but I was hoping to taste the rum a little more, since it was in both the batter and the glaze.  More booze please!  You know, I probably shouldn't admit that, but it's the truth.



Stephenie's party was lovely and it was great to see her and her hubby, Cheyin, and her two adorable kiddos again.  They are great people and even better drinking buddies!  They introduced me to my favorite shot, the Mini Guinness (aka Mini Guinny).  The Mini Guinness is half Patron Cafe and half Bailey's.  It's totally delish so you should try it!  (I'm always looking to convert new fans.)  Maybe I also shouldn't admit to having a favorite shot either, but what the hell!  I'm amongst friends.

On Sunday, Hubs and I lounged around and watched the NHL Network because it was Free Agent Day (lucky me!), then we ventured out to see the Mark Whalberg movie, Ted.  Ted was HILARIOUS!  I love nothing more than a trash-talking teddy bear who just looks all innocent and sweet.  Sort of like me.

Aaaannnnndddd, then it was back to work on Monday.  A quick weekend, but full of great friends, great movies and great food.  A girl can't ask for more.  At least not this girl.

Have a lovely week and 4th of July!

2 comments:

raisingahappyfamily-momof8 said...

sounds like a fun life!! good for you. we are also gearing up for another girls night ..the movie sounds like a great idea! thanks!!
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
happy 4th!!

Nichole said...

I loved Magic Mike. He's so freaking good looking! LOL...I hope to see Ted today, everyone says its so good! Can't wait for Painting with a Twist next Friday!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved