Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Social #5

Happy, happy Sunday!  Sundays are both a blessing and a curse for me.  I love that I have the day off, get to sleep in and usually spend the day shopping, doing chores and then relaxing with my hubby and puppy.  The curse is that tomorrow is Monday and the start to a new week, which always leads to an impending feeling of doom that five work days is staring me in the face.  Duh-duh-dahhhhh... Blah.

But this Sunday is a pretty happy because I have an absolutely packed agenda for every night after work this week, making the thought of having to go to work every day lead to evening rewards of hanging out with friends, getting my hair done and celebrating my Hubby's birthday.  For once I'm not completely dreading a Monday!  And what could make my Sunday even happier??  Linking up for the Sunday Social! 



This weeks questions are about TV!  I watch more TV than I care to admit, but lately my attentions have been turned to my husband, my computer and my books since everything's on reruns.  I'm always looking for my new favorite shows and enjoy torturing my husband with reality TV.  Although, I do stop at the Kardashians and Real Housewives.  I want to keep my husband from divorcing me over my TV preferences!
 
 
Favorite TV shows of the past: 
Okay, here we go:  OLD Real World (pre-2002), Friends, Golden Girls, Saved by the Bell, Seinfeld, Full House, LOST, Will and Grace, Beverly Hills 90210 (original), Fresh Prince of Bel Air, My So Called Life, Making the Band (the ones with Diddy/Danity Kane and the one with O-Town), Most Haunted, Shear Genius, Who Do You Think You Are?, The Osbournes, and Sex and the City.  Whew! 

My favorite of these was LOST, which I started watching after I met my husband.  We shotgunned 5 seasons over the course of a couple months to get me caught up before the final season started.  It was a great way to get to know the series quickly and I grew to love the show... right before it went away for good.  It had a perfect finale though!  I do miss the Hurley character.

Favorite TV show currently:
Some of these are taking a break before the new seasons start, but I am eagerly awaiting their re-arrival:  The Office, Up All Night, Dancing With The Stars, Law and Order SVU, The Sing-Off, House Hunters, What Not To Wear, Pawn Stars, Cupcake Wars, and Ghost Hunters.

My favorite show for years has been The Office.  It's Appointment TV for me every single week, and my husband knows that I MUST watch this show--no interruptions!  I miss Steve Carell on the show, as cringe-worthy as his character was, so I'm hoping the season takes a better turn this fall now that James Spader is gone (yuck).




Which Reality Show would you NEVER do?
Fear Factor!  I'd rather die than jump into a pit of scorpions, or eat rotting goat testicles or monkey brains or whatever.  I love adventure, but that show is all about stupid risks and making people do disgusting things for a prize that's not even worth it.  No thank you.

Which Reality Show would you LOVE to do?
I'd love to be on House Hunters, but the Amazing Race would be fun too.  I looked into being on Say Yes to the Dress when I was getting married, but they weren't filming at the time when I was looking for my dress.  Booo!  
TV personality/character that you feel is most like you?
I don't feel like I've ever found a TV character or personality that's like me.   I'm a cross between Charlotte and Miranda in Sex and the City-speak, but neither is completely like me.


TV character you'd want to date?
Jim from The Office.  He's Mr. Nice Guy who happens to be pretty foxy.  Pam is a lucky girl!
Do you know any of these shows?  Leave a comment and stop by again soon to check out my blog!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Old Real World is the BEST!! Found you on the Sunday Social, I am your newest follower!! I am vacationing in Naples, FL and will be in Tampa Bay Friday, love it here!

-Emily- said...

My husband and I did the very same thing for LOST. I never watched it until we got married and I wanted to watch the last season with him.....so I had to catch up very fast....All we did was watch LOST for WEEKS!! Thanks for visiting me at Dirt and Pearls! Have a great week :)

Nikki said...

I started to watch LOST on DVD and then just got "lost" and gave up lol. Friends was a great show! Saved by the Bell funny you mentioned this show because I was watching it this past Saturday!

Thanks for stopping by!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved