Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Social Time!

One of the things I look forward to lately is linking up for the Sunday Social!  I love checking out new blogs and introducing people to this l'il blog, too.  SO much fun!!  AND, it's a light, ideal way to close out a weekend.  Today's questions are totally up my alley, so let's get to it, shall we?



This Weeks Questions:
1. What is your dream job? 
Well, it's safe to say that I didn't grow up wanting to be a Human Resources Manager, because no kid dreams about dealing with other peoples' BS all day. For real.  I always dreamed about being an Archaeologist, and had a second major in college, Anthropology with a concentration in Archaeology.  I discovered in my senior year of college that traveling the world without a real home base would be very challenging given my love for my friends and family, so I pursued a career in my other major, HR.  (My parents refused to pay for my undergrad degree unless I majored in something that I could actually get a job in.  Thanks mom and dad!)  I would LOVE to travel the world, seeing history emerge from the ground and educating people about our past.   I'd love to work for a university during the school year, then travel abroad every summer to pursue my latest research project.  And I'd love to bring my children up around other cultures to teach them about the world.  Yup, I'm a history geek and THAT'S my dream job!

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
For awhile, I'd volunteer with local organizations and travel around following Dave Matthews Band's summer tour every year.  After I had kids, I'd be a SAHM for awhile, but eventually I might go back to work.  I think I'd be bored being a SAHM forever.  Plus, I'm good at my job and leaving it forever would be so sad!

3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a doctor.  I even volunteered in the Surgery department of my local hospital all through high school and got to witness numerous surgeries.  I decided in my freshman year of college that I didn't want the stress of 10 more years of school, so I switched majors and never looked back.

 

4. What piece career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
Learn to separate your heart from your mind,  or else you'll tear yourself apart with guilt, frustration and anger.  Learn to balance your desire to help people with meeting the needs of the business.  Sometimes you're going to part of decisions that change peoples' lives, for better or for worse, you just have to separate your personal life from what you do at work.


5. Biggest Pet Peeves either in life or in blogging or at work.
People who are late for their own parties.  People driving below the speed limit.  Bloggers who brag excessively.  People who keep their pets outside instead of in their homes.  Entitled people who feel like the world owes them the best of everything.


6. Biggest Fears.
Palmetto bugs and lizards in my house.  Falling from great heights.  Losing my husband, twin sister or parents.  Getting mugged/robbed.  Losing my sense of vision.  Giving up on my dreams.  Not being able to have a family.


I can't wait to see how everyone else responded to these questions.  I think it's so interesting to learn about people, and their jobs (and dream jobs) say so much about them! 

1 comment:

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Holy moly, you witnessed SURGERIES? yikes!!!!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved