Monday, July 16, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

It's Monday, and I'm back at it again for the week.  I don't know whether to be excited or annoyed, though!  This Wednesday is the Dave Matthews Band concert in Tampa, which excites me to my core, but I also have a totally full dance card at work.  YAY for DMB, BOO to tons of work!  At least I had a good weekend to keep my spirits up!  It had some great moments and a number of little victories that put a smile on my face, so I consider this weekend a success.
 

Friday
I met up with the Tampa Bay blogger girls for a class at Painting with a Twist in South Tampa.  Painting with a Twist is a place where you can sign up for 2 or 3 hour painting classes, and they allow you to bring your own wine and snacks for mid-session noshing.  I first did a class earlier this year for my friend Julie's birthday, and we painted a vase of sunflowers.  This time, we did a 2 hour class and painted three cocktail glasses.  SO appropriate for this crowd!   








It's amazing how most of us don't consider ourselves artists but still managed to create some pretty paintings.  I don't know if I'll ever let me hang mine in my house since it doesn't match the decor, but it was still super fun. 

After I got home, I went online and bought tickets to see Weezer perform at the Mahaffey Theater in St. Petersburg.  I can't believe they're playing this paricular venue, which is known more for theater productions than concerts, but hey, it's close and I've always wanted to see this band!!  Hubs was NOT happy with me because the tickets were 90 bones apiece (yup, for Weezer!), so I promised him I'd find a friend to buy the other ticket and go to the show with me.  I'm still pretty stoked about it!


Saturday
I have recommitted myself to Weight Watchers, so I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting since May on Saturday morning.  Since my last weigh in, I went on a cruise, took some weekend trips and was really inconsistent about my diet.  I was SHOCKED to see that I'd only gained 3 lbs.  I thought it was going to be at least 10 or 15, so I was bracing myself like I was about to get punched in the face by scale.  This was a small win that  made me feel like maybe getting back to WW won't be so hard afterall.

While my hubby's car was getting fixed, we poked around the mall, where I found that LOFT was having a big sale.  I got 4 tops for $35, which was GREAT!  Win for me!  We also found out that the cost to repair Hubs' car was WAY less than the estimate we received at another local auto repair shop, so there was win number three of the day. 

After dinner, I went to Publix for a few things, got a couple of cupcakes at Gigi's (hell, it was my cheat day!) and grabbed This Means War and 21 Jump Street from Redbox.  Both movies had their funny parts, but I was glad we rented them versus paying to see them in the theater.  But in This Means War, I totally would have picked Tuck.  I think Reese's character picked wrong.  Just sayin'. 

It was really nice spending time with Hubs and Bella, who has been particularly cute and sweet lately.  I just love it when she's like that!


Sunday
In what seems like a miracle, I found a Chevy dealer in the Tampa Bay area who takes Sunday service appointments . The downside is that it's in Clearwater, but I was willing to make the drive to get my work done there.  Hubs and I got up somewhat early (for us on a Sunday), made the trek out to Clearwater, and got my car serviced and were home before 1:00.  I immediately came home and took an hour and a half nap!  I was apparently more tired than I thought, because I NEVER take naps! 

In the afternoon, I went back to LOFT and bought another top and a pair of shoes.  My husband actually suggested that I buy the shoes, another pair of ballet flats (to add to the collection), and I was NOT going to let that opportunity go to waste.  Rarely does he encourage me to buy more stuff, especially shoes.

After making a trip to Publix to pick up Pete's birthday cake (yes, a grocery store actually makes really delish cakes!), we went to J. Alexander's to celebrate the big 3-2 with his friends.  Thankfully we didn't have to wait long and the food was incredible, as always.  Pete also scored some great birthday presents, so he was a happy camper and felt good about his birthday.

Vodka, St. Germaine and Champagne Martini, which called my name from behind the bar.
Hubby Doo and I (see my short hair??)

Waitress better be careful or she'll burn the place to the ground!

Birthday boy blowing out his candles with one puff of breath


And that's it for the weekend.  It was lovely while it lasted, but now we're on to bigger and better things... like the DMB show!  I cannot wait until Wednesday! 

I hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

The Cavallaro's said...

Are we twins? Because I seriously think we may have been separated at birth. Here is why:

1. I went to DMB when he was here in Houston at the beginning of the summer and his concert was AMAZING (but, it always is!)

2. My blog group here in Houston went to a painting place like that for their meet-up last month. And I actually just bought a groupon for one around here a few days ago!

3. I have been debating on whether or not I should go back to Weight Watchers! I quit a few months ago and have been regretting it ever since! Congrats on only gaining 3 lbs! That is seriously impressive!

4. I AM OBSESSED WITH LOFT! And went shopping there last weekend when they were having a sale! Ballet flats are my go-to shoe!

MariaSelf said...

Unbelievable - I would LOVE to go to that painting class!!! the paintings are just gorgeous, I subconsciously started thinking how great your painting would look in my room;-)))) glad you had a chance to take that class, Kari!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved