Sunday, August 19, 2012

August MyGlam Bag

I'm still in my review phase for comparing Birchbox and MyGlam, and this month yielded yet another great MyGlam bag.  My Birchbox review is coming tomorrow! 

MyGlam has really stepped up it's game!  When I first researched this subscription service, it looked like a little make-up with some not-so-recognizable brand names and some make-up brushes, tucked into a cheap little cosmetic bag.  It was intriguing, but I wasn't sold.  I gave it a try because I read that they were making their offerings better, and WOW, have the products improved!!  While the cosmetic bags are still cheap (the rainbow bag from last month fell apart in my hands last week), the products are great!! 

Check out this month's bag...


Orange Mesh and Hot Pink Bag
Circus by Andrea's Choice Nail Color in Spectacle (bright orange)
MyGlam Glam Gloss Lip Gloss
S.a.l.t.y. Cosmetics Glama-ZOID! Loose Luxury Mineral Eye Shadow (pale pink)
Demeter Roll-On Perfume Oil in Clean Skin
Eclos Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream
Eclos Cellular Activator Facial Serum



This is the second month in a row that I've gotten a Circus nail polish.  Since I liked the one I got last month, this was welcome, but I'm not sold on the neon orange shade.  I think I can save it for the next time the Philadelphia Flyers come to town, so I can support Hubs and have nails that match his hockey jersey.

The Glam Gloss is a nice rosy shade of pink and it tastes like watermelon!  The last time I had a watermelon-flavored lip product was an old school Lip Smacker when I was in middle school.  Needless to say, it brought back lots of memories of teased hair, Skidz and Clearasil.  Thankfully, though, the color is nice and it's huge.  It will definitely get some play in my make-up bag!

The S.a.l.t.y. eye shadow is a pale pink shade, and I'll either use it as a base for layering other eye shadows or I'll use it to tone down a shadow that's a little too bright.  I've had good luck with other mineral eye shadows, so I have a good feeling about this one.  My initial trials have yielded good results.

The Demeter roll-on perfume oil was a surprise for me!  I'm a long-time fan of Demeter's fragrances, and I have always liked their cocktail-inspired scents.  This perfume oil is very lightly scented and not offensive.  It's sort of sweet, actually, as in uncomplicated, soft and feminine.  It will be a good addition to my travel make-up bag because of it's size.

Finally, we have the Eclos facial serum and regenerative cream are plant-based and are mean to slow the signs of aging.  As with all serums, it should be smoothed over skin BEFORE you put on your moisturizer (or in this case, the regenerative cream).  I'm getting to an age where I'm paying more attention to anti-aging products, but I don't really feel like I need them quite yet.  But the trick with anti-aging products is to start using them before your skin falls to hell, preserving your youthful skin versus trying to reverse the signs of aging (which is pretty difficult to do). Soooo, I need start using this stuff, pronto!  It's good that these "samples" will yield several uses so I can assess their effects.

The Verdict

Overall, another good bag!  I'm impressed.  It's a far cry from just a few months ago when the bag contained some cheap make-up brushes, orange lipstick and cheetah print nail art stickers.  Adios cheapies, aloha awesomeness!  They promised they'd improve their bags and they did in just a couple of short months.  Way to be, MyGlam!

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

I got the same box as you and I really liked it too! The gloss it great and I love the watermelon taste!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved