Monday, August 6, 2012

Mascara & Lip Gloss Blog Swap

Happy Monday girlies!  I am linking up today with several amazing bloggers who have been so kind as to host a Mascara and Lip Gloss blog swap! 



I haven't participated in many blog swaps, but I couldn't say no to one focused on make-up.  Seriously, how much do I love mascara and lip gloss?!   A girl can never have too many of either, and I LOVE trying new brands and colors. 

My swap partner is Katy from Only In Vegas, who blogs about her awesome life in Sin City.  She is a make-up lover too, so I had a feeling we were going to find each other some fun stuff.  I know I had a lot of fun shopping for her!

Here's what I got from my partner:



Everything came with adorable pink heart-shaped sticky notes attached, with sweet commentary on each item.



And here's everything sans stickies.  I got...

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Black
C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine in Vanillamint
C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine in Cinnamint
Girl Scouts Lip Smacker in Trefoils
e.l.f Eye Lid Primer
e.l.f. All Over Color Stick in Pink Lemonade
Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Total Care Shampoo and Conditioner
NYX Eye Shadow in Sparkle Cedar
Sinful Colors Nail Polish (the sticker on the bottom was missing, note sure of the name)
Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Boogie Nights


I absolutely adore everything Katy sent me!!  First of all, the little sticky notes were a trip.  This was my favorite:



I love anyone who uses "thebomb.com" and can't help but laugh because it reminds me of my girlfriend, Tracy.  And yes, I LOVE B&BW lip products, and the Mentha products are my fave.  I don't have the Vanillamint or Cinnamint flavors, so these were a very welcome addition.  I also like that they're a little smaller than a typical lip gloss tube, so they fit well in my purse.  And I can't forget about the Trefoils lip gloss--too cute and too tasty!  Katy got it right with the lip gloss.

The mascara was fantastic!  I've really liked other L'Oreal mascaras in the past, but I hadn't tried the Voluminous Million Lashes before.  It's great for adding length without looking clumpy or goopy.

I was pleasantly surprised by all of the extras Katy threw in the box.  She REALLY knows how to maximize a swap budget!  I had always wanted to try e.l.f. products but I have never been able to find them.  The All Over Color Stick is a wonderful new product for me, because it gives me a healthy flush on my cheeks and it blends evenly.  The Eyelid Primer was a big surprise.  I've been looking for an eye make-up primer for awhile (and never could decide on which to try) because my eyeshadow has been disappearing after about an hour on my lids.  This primer really helped with that problem, and kept my eyeshadow looking bright and fresh all day.  The NYX eye shadow is a gorgeous gold color, and will act as a pretty neutral.  The shampoo and conditioner were another surprise, and they left my hair incredibly soft.  Finally, Katy sent me coral and turquoise nail polish because she knows that I'm obsessed with those colors right now!  I sense a super cute pedi coming on!!

Thanks so much to Katy for the fabulous new make-up!!  Check out her blog to see what I sent her!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

You made out like a bandit!

Angelique Trudeau said...

I think the swap is a great idea. Have you ever considered encompassing prescription products such as eyelash growth serums ?


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved