Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Love Affair With Wawa

Once in awhile, on my travels to other places in this glorious country, I discover something new that makes me wish I'd had known about it forever.

I married a boy from Philadelphia, and on our first visit to Pennsylvania for the WMMR Cardboard Classic in the Poconos, he referred several times to having a favorite convenience store, Wawa.  I said, "Wa-what??" He said "It's Wawa and it's amazing.  You'll see."  I had never in my life cared about a convenience store, let alone had a favorite one or told other people about its merits. I have always thought that convenience stores were gross and I tried to use them sparingly.

While we were in the Poconos, we happened upon a Wawa near our hotel, and lo and behold, I learned the true magic of this store.  The best way I can describe Wawa is with an analogy.  Wawa is to 7-11 as Target is to Walmart.  It's CLEAN, well-lit, has delicious coffee, has fee-free ATMs (who has those anymore??) and they have all of the PA treats one can imagine.  They even have a deli counter with great sandwiches (sorry, "hoagies") and a HUGE display of Tasty Kakes (think much yummier Hostess style snacks)!  Thus began my love affair with Wawa.


Courtesy of http://excessiveexcursionist.wordpress.com




Everytime we go to Philly now, we stop at Wawa and load up on Tasty Kakes (I like the pies and the junior cakes), Bassett's ice cream, hoagies, soft pretzels and bags of Wawa coffee.  I never thought I could love a convenience store, until I met Wawa.  But my love was somewhat soured by the fact that I had to travel to PA to visit, since the chain is only located on the mid-Atlantic region.

Last September, I began talking to my co-worker Melissa about my husband being from Philly (and being a die-hard Flyers fan, to which she cringed), and I mentioned Wawa.  Her eyes lit up, and she told me that Wawa was coming to Florida!  Say what???  Wawa in Florida would be AMAZING, especially if they bring the Philly treats with them.  Since that time, I've been stalking the Wawa website and Facebook account for information on new Florida stores. There are locations coming to Orlando and Tampa Bay!  I also signed up to become a Wawa Florida Insider, and they said that some goodies would be on my way.

At the end of last week, my Wawa Florida Insider kit arrived in the mail!  Here's my swag...


They sent me:

Tote bag
T-Shirt
Two bumper stickers
Three Cubicle signs
Coupons
Temporary Tattoo

I was actually impressed with this stuff!  The t-shirt is really nice (definitely a good quality shirt), and the tote bag is zippered so I automatically love it.  Wawa has asked that we take pictures of ourselves modeling our Wawa t-shirts and share on Facebook and Twitter, so I think I'll do just that.  Girl's gotta represent!

One of the Wawa's is coming to Pinellas Park, not far from where I work, so I'll be paying Wawa a few visits after they open later this year.  Welcome to our neck of the woods, Wawa!

Have you ever heard about or been to a Wawa, and do you love it as much as I do?

3 comments:

Sam said...

I've never heard of Wawa.. sounds great! I'll have to look it up.

And Pinellas?! We were in Pinellas County while I was in Florida! Though.. it probably doesn't mean much.. county.. sounds pretty big, haha. :p

Asha said...

I have never heard of it but it sounds like the first convenience store I will actually enjoy going into haha! Let me know when it finally arrives in Tampa..I definitely want to check it out :)

p.s. - your blog design is gorgeous! I LOVE IT!

ashleypalmer625 said...

Wawa is definitely pretty great! We have them here in MD too. Enjoy :)


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved