Thursday, August 23, 2012

Super Smile

Every once in awhile, when I've had a crummy day, I hear a song on the radio that instantly shifts my mood from sour to smiling.  Today, I heard a kickin' old song, "No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn" by the Beastie Boys, and I lit up like a kid at Christmas!  I sang along.  I wiggled around while I was driving and stopped at traffic lights.  I made an ass out of myself in front of other drivers, who were surely pointing and laughing at me.  And guess what?  I didn't care!!  This unexpected song just made me happy at a time when I really needed it.  Hearing this song brought me back to my youth, where I jammed out to the Beasties' License to Ill album on the regular.

Rockin' this party 8 days a week!
 
Hearing this song also reminded me of Kate Spade's line a couple of years ago where they paid homage to No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn with a series of adorable accessories.
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
I wanted all of these accessories, especially the bangles.  So cute!! 
 
Have you heard a song that's made you smile big lately??
 

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved