Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Weekend Lovin'

This past weekend was such sweet piece of relaxation.  Hubs and I drove down to my parents' house to celebrate my Mom's birthday.  Her birthday actually isn't until Tuesday, but seeing her mid-week would be hard with work and everything.  The weekend always works out much better.  My twin sister and her husband also came down, so we got to spend some quality family time together.  I really love my family, and being with them makes me feel so content.

On Saturday, we got to the 'rents' house and I took off with my mom and sister to go shopping.  I didn't go crazy, but I did manage to get some great deals on candles and car air fresheners at Yankee Candle and Bath and Body Works.  We got home, and we immediately hopped into the pool for some swimming (actually, there was very little swimming, we were mostly floating around while talking).  I put on sunscreen so I really didn't even get any color (booo) but Hubs got scorched.

In the evening, we went to my parents' country club to celebrate my Mom's birthday, and came back to the house for cake and ice cream.


My Mom also loved her presents!  We got her a Le Creuset Rectangular Covered Casserole dish with a new silicone turner and a box of lasagna noodles.  We also got her a new rubber-edged KitchenAid stand mixer paddle for her baking.

At night, the kids (that's us, by the way) went night swimming and my mom yelled at us for getting too loud when the neighbors were trying to sleep (it was 10:00pm).  Some things never change!

On Sunday, we all met up with my aunt, uncle, cousin and my cousin's boyfriend for lunch at Sharkey's On The Pier in Venice.  It was raining when we first got there, but the weather cleared up and it was a lovely afternoon. 




After lunch, we hung out with my family for awhile, then headed home to Tampa.  We always have a million things to do when we get home from a weekend there, but it's worth it to get away for a couple of days.

I hope you all had a great weekend, too!!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Nice weekend! It was my mom's bday this weekend, too ;)


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved