Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fall Has Arrived

By and large, I enjoy Summer every year.  Is it my favorite season?  Not so much, but I like the light food, fruity drinks, sunshine and cook-outs.  I love wearing flip flops and light clothes, and going to concerts outdoors.  Those are my favorite parts of the season, for sure.  But a part of me always starts jumping for joy when Summer comes to a close and ushers in Autumn.  I certainly won't miss the humidity and sweltering heat.  No sir.

It's now the beginning of September, and I'm starting to see signs of Fall all around me.  It makes me giddy with excitement because Fall is easily my favorite season.  I love seeing the leaves change colors, going to cider mills and carving pumpkins at Halloween.  I love everything pumpkin flavored and scented, too, so it's a multisensory experience.

On Sunday, I was at the mall and saw that this had arrived...

Oh happy day!  I can't get enough of Bath and Body Works's Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin scent.  I go through 4-6 bottles of the shower gel every Fall, and it was time for me to stock up for the season!
 
Hubs came home with this sampler pack of pumpkin beer for me a few days ago.  He knows how much I love pumpkin beer, so this put a huge smile on my face!  I love it when he surprises me because it's always something good.

L to R:
Shipyard Pumpkinhead
Terrapin Pumpkinfest
Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin
Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale
Ace Hard Pumpkin Cider
Samuel Adams Fat Jack Double Pumpkin
Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale
Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat

 
No, I won't drink all of these myself, though I might be tempted!  I tried several of these last Fall, and they were great, but there were a few newbies that have been on my list for awhile.  I already tapped into the pumpkin cider and I loved, loved, loved it.  Woodchuck also makes a tasty pumpkin cider, if you're looking for options.

I've also been doing some online shopping lately, and I see a lot of tweed out there.  I just love tweed in the cooler months, though I can't really pull it off until Florida dips below 75 degrees in the daytime (think December).  Here are two tweedy things I'd love to have join my closet...
 
www.toms.com
 
www.landsend.com

The leather trimmed dress with boots would be really cute for work, but it would have limited wear since we only have 2 months of Fall and Winter (and it's still warmer than most of the country's Fall and Winter).  The Toms just make me smile and they'd look cute with jeans.  So yeah, I want them, as soon as I clear up some room in my closet!

Finally, I was hellbent on finding a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks this weekend since I see that EVERYONE on Twitter has been drinking them (and I was bubbling over with jealousy).  On Sunday, I went to my neighborhood Starbucks, where I was told that they wouldn't serve me a pumpkin spice latte because it was before some special date set by corporate.  The guy told me "any Starbucks that is serving pumpkin spice lattes before September 7th is cheating".  Apparently someone always follows the rules.  Ugh.  So I went to a Starbucks at the mall by my parents' house, and voila, I was served a pumpkin spice latte immediately. And with a smile!  I even tried it iced, and it was delish.  Take that, Starbucks man.

I'm loving everything Fall right now and I can't wait for more!

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I wish I loved pumpkin stuff like everyone else. It just doesn't do anything for me. But i love fall for sweatshirt weather, scarves, and football!

Anastasia said...

I love fall and all the scents! I must go and check out that shower gel!

Bunnie said...

Fall is my all time fav!! Love the Bath and Body products this time of the year:)

xoxo

your newest follower :) Bunnie

http://quallmanza.blogspot.com


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved