Monday, September 17, 2012

Kissing The Weekend Goodbye

So Monday has rolled around once again, and I've said hello to a brand new week.  This week should be a little less stressful than previous weeks, where I was crazy busy and barely had a chance to think, let alone clean my house, do my laundry or spend quality time with my hubby.  YAY for brand new weeks!

This weekend turned out to be a pretty fun one, if I do say so myself.  I started out the weekend by sleeping in, then going out to do some solo shopping.  I always used to shop with my twin sis or friends, but in the past year or so, I've gotten used to shopping on my own and I love it!  I feel like I get so much accomplished when I'm not worried about someone else or what terrible buying decisions they're about to make.  The one thing I don't really care to shop for on my own:  shoes.  I have no idea why, but I like a second opinion on my footwear choices.

So on this little shopping trip, I made a good sized home fragrance haul at the Bath and Body Works sale (of course I can't resist the fall scents!), and managed to pick up some work clothes for a steal.  I also went bridal shower gift shopping at Macy's, and I got an amazing deal on a set of Mikasa wine glasses for my friend Angela.  The shopping gods were shining down on me this weekend!! 

I then came home and cleaned the kitchen like a Super Wife, and when Hubs got home from his shift at the radio station, we took off again.  This time we went out to Wings Gone Wild to watch the Michigan State vs. Notre Dame football game with the MSU Alumni Club.

Two super-happy Spartan fans

I absolutely love watching games with my fellow Spartans!!  They're such an enthusiastic group, with all ages represented.  The game didn't really go as planned and MSU suffered a big loss, but it was great to watch the game with such awesome fans.  I did find it funny, however, that the club president JUST figured out that I had gotten married, and finally decided to congratulate me.  Better late than never!!

After our sad loss, Hubs and I ran out to get some ice cream, and we saw the car below...


The picture is small, but the sign hanging off the bumper reads "Caution: Low Clearance" and the sticker on the back window reads "Powered by eBay".  Um, what???  Hubs and I have no idea what these are supposed to reference, but let me know if you get it!!

On Sunday, I had an whirlwind of a day!  Honestly, it was far busier than I prefer a Sunday to be.  I love lazy Sundays.  Remember that great SNL clip with Chris Parnell and Andy Samberg, talking about getting Magnola Bakery cupcakes and watching the Chronicles of Narnia?  Man, I loved that.

ANYWAY, I met my sister for lunch in Brandon, and she brought me a bag of goodies from Trader Joe's!  Just to give you some background, my city doesn't have a Trader Joe's, but one just opened about an hour south of here.  My sister made a pit stop there on her way home from a conference, and she brought me some of my favorite Trader Joe's foods:  trail mix, mini peanut butter cups, truffle brownie mix and my new fave, cookie butter!


If you haven't tried cookie butter yet, YOU MUST!!  It's incredible.  It's the texture of peanut butter, but flavored like Biscoff or ginger snap cookies.  Something like that.  I like it on graham crackers or apple slices.  Or just stick your spoon or finger in it and go to town. 

After seeing my BFF, I drove ALLLLL the way to Clearwater (which is about an hour away) for a Mad Men-themed bridal shower, which was so very cute!  And it was a surprise for the bride, which made it even better.  I then drove home, picked up Hubs, and we drove ALLLLL the way up to New Tampa to meet our friends for dinner.  We hit up a great German biergarten, Mr. Dunderbak's, for some delish brews and nom-nom-inspiring food.  Dunders is a great place for the craft beer enthusiast, and we were able to grab some great seasonals that we haven't been able to find anywhere else. 



My friend Jessie and I... I have missed her so much!

Oh, what a weekend!  I'm tired from going strong all weekend, but it was all such good fun that it was worth it.  I was able to put a big bow on this weekend and look forward to a positive week.  And tonight?  Well, I basically took tonight off, watching The Voice and Revolution with Hubs and Bella by my side. 

I hope you all had a terrific weekend and Monday!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved