Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September Birchbox Is Here!

Okay, so y'all know that I love posting about  my Birchboxes on here, and after getting a pretty great box last month, I was anxious to see what September's box would hold.  Well, it arrived yesterday, and eh, it's alright.  First I'll show you what I got, then I'll tell you what I think...


L to R:
 
Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
Color Club Nail Polish in Tweet Me (Lime Green)
Kate Spade Twirl Perfume
Jouer Matte Moisture Tint
La Fresh Eco-Beauty Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover Towelette
Mighty Tea Leaf in Green Tea Tropical, Chamomile Citrus and Vanilla Bean
 
 
I'm kind of on the fence with this box.  I love the Kate Spade Twirl perfume (I own the full size and travel size already) and the nail polish remover towelette will come in handy, but I really hate the lime green nail polish.  Well, that's not fair.  I like the idea of lime green nail polish, but I absolutely cannot wear it at work.  It would.not.fly.  While my company claims to be progressive, funky nail polish is highly frowned upon.  Booooo.  I've so badly wanted to wear cute, brightly colored polish (like Essie's Turquoise and Caicos) on my toes, even, but then I'd be forced to wear ballet flats to work everyday.  Not only is that HARD to do in these warm Florida months, but half the fun is getting to show off the cute colored polish!
 
The Vasanti product is interesting... it's a cleanser/exfoliator, but with a name like "Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator", I expected it to be some kind of a serum or treatment product.  Even though the name is kind of convoluted, it works as a light exfoliator used a few times a week.  I don't know if I loved it enough to pry me away from my current exfoliator, but maybe a couple more uses will convince me.
 
The Jouer Matte Moisture Tint is pretty nice.  It smooths over my skin nicely and the color blends well, but it really doesn't look any different on than the previous Jouer product I got in a Birchbox, the Luminizing Moisture Tint.  I literally put a little of the Matte on my right cheek and the Luminizing on my left cheek to compare--no difference!  In general, I'm a fan of tinted moisturizers, BB creams and the like, but I'm kind of non-committal about them.  I have them, but they don't get used regularly.  Maybe I just haven't found one that knocks my socks off.
 
Finally, we get around to the Mighty Tea Leaf teas.  I'm not much of a hot tea drinker, but Hubs likes it so I'm giving them to him.  My Birchbox included three tea bags in different flavors, and all sound pretty tasty.  I'll let Hubs have them, but I'll be stealing a sip or two!
 
I saw a listing of all of the possible Birchboxes here.  I got Birchbox #4.  Some of the boxes had Twistbands in them, which I would have appreciated, but alas, no Twistband for me.  Overall this isn't the best box that I've gotten, but it's not as bad as some.
 
If you get a Birchbox, what did you think of this month's box?? 

1 comment:

KMoody said...

In this month's Birchbox, I got this:

September 2012 Box 16
BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages by Cynthia Rowley Bundle
Benefit foamingly clean facial wash
Benefit refined finish facial polish
Birchbox and Color Club® Custom Collection
Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+
kate spade new york Twirl
twistband™ Hair Tie

After trying everything, I LOVE the Benefit products and will be buying them immediately! Best cleanser and scrub I've maybe EVER used.... that good. And I like the nail color in "Status Update," a dark charcoal gray. Very pretty for fall.

Overall, I think I got a good box!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved