Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Social - Childhood

Hiya girlies!  This is a glorious Sunday on the eve of October, and I have big plans for the upcoming month.  Today, however, is all about fun, so I'm linking up for the Sunday Social!





This Weeks Questions:

1. What do you miss most about being a kid?  Not having to work!!!  Seriously, I didn't realize how good I had it back then.  My biggest problems were which day to invite Carin over to play or whether I wanted Nutty Bars or Swiss Cake Rolls as my weekly lunch treat.  Sheesh.  Now I have to deal with big girl problems, like when to invite Tracy out for dinner or whether to have low fat Yogurtology fro yo or full fat Pumpkin Pie ice cream for dessert.  Oh wait... so similar.  Well let's not forget about my other big girl problems balancing my budget, managing a responsible job and keeping Hubs happy.  When I remember by 10 year old self complaining about being a kid and wanting to be a grown up, I want to slap the Bonne Bell Lip Smacker off her mouth.

2. Did you have a nickname growing up? My sister called me Sister Bear (after the Berenstain Bears books) and my dad called me Kare Bear. My friend Amanda called me Gal Smiley, after the Sesame Street game show host character, Guy Smiley.  She called me that because I talked, laughed and smiled all of the time, and I loved to tell a good story.  And guess what?!  I still do!  I have worked hard over the years to control my chatterbox ways.


3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?  Swings, four square, basketball, tetherball and jump rope.  I was awesome at four square and tetherball, and not too bad at jump rope.  Just don't ask me to do that double-dutch stuff!


4. What did you want to be when you grew up?  I wanted to be a doctor until I was about 12, then changed my focus to teaching.  As I got closer to the end of high school I gave all of that up and decided to go to school to be an archaeologist.  I work in Human Resources now, so you can see how well that worked out!

5. What was your favorite toy? My favorite toys were my Pogo Ball (remember those??) and my Cabbage Patch Kids.  I also had a shit-ton of Barbies and Barbie stuff (cars, houses, hot dog stands, etc.).  Looking back, the amount of toys I had was ridiculous, and it's no wonder my parents bagged some of them up every year and gave them away to charity.


6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?  My parents always tease me about a phrase I used when I was about 6 or 7.  Whenever my parents told me they didn't like something I did or wnated me to do something different, I'd shout "I don't give a care!"  I have no idea where I got that, but my parents still laugh about it and tease me for it.

 
Didn't you just love being a kid?!  I would love to travel back in time to relish those moments of irresponsibility and fun.  I'd appreciate it so much more now!  I hope y'all have an awesome Sunday!

1 comment:

Veronica and Daniel said...

hahaha! Oh, the things kids say :) Hands down, swiss cake roll for my lunch! I wish that was the biggest decision for my day today...oh, to be young again!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved