Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall Frenzy Blog Swap!

Since I began blogging just one short year ago, I've made some great friends and have been able to participate in some super fun events with other bloggers.  I've had a blast getting to know new bloggers through link-ups, blog hops and swaps, as well as through local blogger meet-ups.  It's all about keeping up with the fun!!

I discovered one of my current favorite bloggers, Meg from Life of Meg, and she just seems like a doll!  She recently offered a Fall Frenzy blog swap, and of course I joined in.  Of course!  A swap focused on my favorite season sounded perfect, and I was chomping at the bit to see who I was paired with.  I just knew I'd have the most fun shopping for this swap, and I definitely did!



I finally got the news that I was paired with Rachel at {Simple.Little.Joys}!  What a blessing this pairing was!  I was introduced to Rachel and her fabulous, fun, witty blog, as well as to her Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Bread recipe.  Yum!!  Both my hubby and I thank Rachel for bringing this recipe into our lives.  It will forever have a home in our recipe box!

Rachel spoiled me by sending me all kinds of fun fall goodies.  It was actually a great assortment, and she really maximized her swap budget.  That's the sign of a swap pro!  I bet you're dying to see what she sent me, right?  Well, without further ado...

This is what I saw when I opened the box.  It was pure heaven, an explosion of fall colors and scents.  I knew this was going to be good immediately.
 


I opened the card (which was a sweet Halloween card, by the way), and unfurled the beautiful ruffled knit scarf in a deep russet color.  It's gorgeous and warm, which will be the perfect accessory when cooler weather comes my way.  I'm expecting that I'll be able to wear it in November (darn Florida weather!).
 
 
I found the next layer of surprises beneath the scarf.  I see baking supplies!  I see a candle!  I see candy!  And who doesn't love some glittery pumpkin decor?!  AHHH, so many fun things!
 
I took everything out of the box to both see exactly what was in store and admire my haul.
 
 
Here's the rundown:
 
Scarf by Turkoyz
Green Apple Germ-X Hand Sanitizer
Nicole by OPI Nail Polish in Deeply In Love (dark red)
Glade Maple Pumpkin Candle (4 oz)
Wilton Cupcake Kit - Halloween themed with 24 cupcake liners and 24 decorator picks
Wilton Halloween Cookie Cutter Set
Autumn Pot Holder and Oven Mitt Set
2 Glittered Pumpkin Decorations
Jack-o-lantern Skittles Twist 'n Pour
Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkin
Martha Stewart Living Magazine for Fall
 
I had planned to make pumpkin cupcakes next week, so the baking supplies came at the perfect time!  I'm a sucker for red nail polish, pumpkin candles and any type of hand sanitizer, so it was awesome to see so many of my must haves appear at my doorstep.  My husband says I need another pumpkin candle like I need a hole in my head, and while there may be some truth in that, my insatiable desire for all things pumpkin will not turn off.  This candle will be lit tonight!  The candy doesn't need any explanation.  It will be eaten this week!  The glittery pumpkins made their appearance on my desk at work today, and already received a few oohs and ahhs from my co-workers.
 
That's a ton of great stuff, right??  I couldn't be happier about Rachel's choices and she clearly has great taste.  I certainly hope that Rachel likes the box of goodies that I sent her, too.  Muchas gracias to Rachel and Meg for making the swap possible!!
 
Please go visit Life of Meg to see the other swap participants and the goodies they recieved!!

3 comments:

Leah said...

I love the layers and layers you got in your swap package, what fun fall items!!! Rachel is for sure a pro at maximising her swap budget. And omg what a great idea to share a recipe! I'll have to keep that in mind for the next swap :)
Leah {Lovely Life of Leah}

Rachel said...

I have participated in SO MANY blog swaps over the past few years, and I can easily say that your box was my ABSOLUTE favorite!!!! You are pretty much the best blog swap partner ever...we would have the BEST time shopping, because we clearly have the same taste! And girlfriend--not only was your box full of fun, your presentation was amaaaazing! I need to take a note from you and do the same on my next one...I loved the individual wrapping and the little notes...SO FUN! You are the best. Thank you so, so, so much, sweet friend! You are a blessing to me! Happy fall :)

Meg - [Life of Meg] said...

First off, you're the doll! I am just flattered beyond belief that I am one of your favorite bloggers - thank you, girlfriend!

And wow-oh-wow! Rachel did an awesome job! I have been dying to bake festive treats lately, so that Halloween cupcake kit woul dhave come in handy! ;)

Thanks for participating, and frankly making my whole day by your sweet blog post! :)


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved