Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Healthy Lifestyle Choices

Hiya girls!  I've been so busy lately and trying my best to keep up. You know how sometimes you just work and work, but you don't seem to be getting ahead?  Well that's been me.  And man, I'm tired of this pattern!

Over the past couple of weeks, it has become apparent to me that it was time to make some positive changes to my lifestyle.  My life is always changing and I want to start a new chapter, and I know that healthier choices in all areas of my life will make a difference. So what am I gonna do differently?  Well...

#1 - Get better sleep habits!  I have had troubles with sleeping for a couple of years, but lately things are worse than ever.  It takes me forever to fall asleep and after I do, I sleep HARD, barely waking up for my alarms (yes, that's plural) in the morning. When I finally wake up, I'm in a groggy stupor for the first hour or two, barely feeling coherent.  Yikes!  It's scary stuff, considering that I sometimes drive to work that way.  Totally not safe!  To combat this, I've decided to stop drinking caffeine after 5 pm, starting to take long walks in the evening to tire me out, and going to bed earlier, even if it is just to lay in bed in the dark for awhile.  All of these things seem logical, right?  Well girl, I haven't been doing these things, and I've been paying the price!!  I've done this for a couple of nights, and I'm hoping that by making it a habit I'll see some improvement in my mornings.

#2 - Watch that waistline!  Let's face it, I haven't watched my eating habits since my wedding last year, and my extra poundage is evidence of my lack of culinary discipline.  When I think about my eating habits, I do great for breakfast and lunch everyday, but dinners and the occasional mid-afternoon snack at work are my downfall.  I just indulge too much, and I don't excerise enough to offset it.  I have decided to start cooking healthier meals and take advantage of the ideas on one of my favorite food websites, SkinnyTaste.  I'm also going back to my Weight Watchers meetings, which have fallen off in the past couple of months.  I've said it before, I know, but my commitment to get back on the horse should count for something!

So sleeping habit and eating habit changes are on the horizon, but what else? 

#3 - Wean off diet soda!  Yes, you heard me right, no more diet soda.  I say 'wean' because I don't feel strong enough to cut myself off cold turkey, but I've already started cutting back on my soda intake/habit and it's going to continue.  Hubs and I will finish the soda that we have in the house slowly, but after that I'm just not going to buy it anymore.  This is a tough thing for me since I've been a loyal diet soda drinker since I was a kid, but I'd like to see what life is like without the juice.  People say that it's easier to lose weight, so we'll just see about that!  I could use the extra help right now.

I'm proud of myself for making a commitment to better lifestyle habits, and I just hope they'll lead me to feeling happier and more energetic.  Now I have to hold myself to those commitments, which is the toughest part of all.  I've asked my husband to help keep me accountable, and so far he's been great.  I really love that dude because he is so, so supportive!

Have you made any healthy lifestyle changes lately??

2 comments:

Sabz said...

no i haven't and i should because i really need to get healthy!


new follower :)

Sabz
theeclecticgrabbag.com

ChatterBlossom said...

All great advice and I'm sure you will be able to do them and feel better too! I took up dancing a year ago for exercise and it has helped my brain and my mood too! ;-)


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved