Friday, October 19, 2012

Let's Chant: FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY!!

Hiya there, happy Friday!!  Can you believe it's almost the weekend, that 2-day period that we all dream about since Monday morning?  Well, I'm feeling a huge sense of relief that the weekend is almost upon me, beckoning me to two days of rest and relaxation.  Ahhh, the thought is sweet! 

The past few weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions for me.  I'm worried, then I'm ecstatic, then I'm sad, then I'm happy-go-lucky... it's been up and down, changing practically by the day.  After all of this ish, I could really use some fun time surrounded by my favorite people.

A few words about my life lately...

In general, I'm not a moody person, nor do I spend time trying to be anyone other than me.  But lately, well, I've been made to feel like being me isn't good enough.  That stinks, right?!  I've been pressured to be like other people, meanwhile being told to "just be yourself, the best version of yourself!"  Riiiight, I am myself... allll the time... but they like the loud and crazy version best, and truth be told, that isn't the version of me that I like best.  I have come to realize that while I'm tolerant of people having their own style of doing things, not everyone else is.  They want conformists in their midst, people who use a lot of phony buzzwords and people who are "on" all the time.  They say that they want someone who speaks their mind, but they really only want that if they say the "right" things and never screw up.

Well, hun, that's just not me. 

I don't always say the right thing or tell people what they want to hear, but I will tell them the truth.  I also know when it's time to shut my trap and keep my opinions to myself because people are sensitive little buggers.  Some people just can't deal with dissenting opinions or being told that they aren't a unique snowflake.  As Thumper says, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."  And usually I don't, because I'm not trying to grow a patch of enemies.  I play it nice and stay honest, but I don't dash anyone's dreams.  Not my style.  But still, there are people who don't like that I'm this way.  I guess they want me to embrace my bold, brassy, inner bitch.  Well she does come out to play sometimes, but I use her powers with care.  She can be a harsh mistress when she goes unchecked.

The real answer here is that it's always a good time to be yourself, and be proud--no, SUPER PROUD--of who you are.  I think people can see a genuine personality in front of them and they appreciate it, gravitate toward and it embrace it.  There's so much BS in the world, and there need to be people who cut through it all with a heartfelt smile, a helping hand and genuine concern about people.  But the world is full of people who are acting out someone else's version of their best self, and they never really get to know themselves.  I don't want to be one of those people.  My genuine personality has been noticed by some very important people in my life, and it warms my heart.

While I've been going through some challenging times, I'm finding ways to laugh every day (thanks to Hubs for being my comic relief!), do things that make me smile and remember that there are a world full of people who like me, just as I am.  (That was my Bridget Jones moment!) 

NOW, let's get on to chatter about the weekend, which is way more fun...

I'm going to Orlando to visit my twin sister (plus her husband and cute dachshund, Charlie) on Saturday.  Our goal is to go to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, which I'm totally stoked about!!  I hear that it's fabulous event and I love that I'm going with a designated driver.  More wine for me, please!!  On Sunday, I'm coming home in the morning and meeting my friend Tracy for brunch before we meet up with the Tampa Juniors to work at the Stride for Strays registration booth.  Yay for racking up my community service hours!

I hope you ladies have a great weekend ahead!

1 comment:

ChatterBlossom said...

Wow! You said it well. It is extremely hard to be "on" all the time. I'm really very introverted and the online world doesn't usually cater to that, so being "on" is required a lot of my time. Having a hubby who understands you is wonderful and I am thankful that I have one of those too! Have a great time with your twinsy!
-Jamie
http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved