Saturday, October 13, 2012

Liebster Award!!

Hello lovies!  I am super excited because I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by a great blogger, Jen from un.script.ed.  This award is for up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and the idea is that people who win the award pass it on to other bloggers who are also developing a following.  I personally love these awards and it feels great to support others in the blogging community.  Thanks for the love, Jen!!


Here are the rules, ladies:
  • Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
  • They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
  • They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
  • They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers.
  • These lucky bloggers must be told.
  • There are no tag backs.

11 Things About Me

1. My twin sister and I are mirror-image twins.  This means we write with opposite hands (I'm the lefty!), part our hair on opposite sides, have worse vision in the opposite eyes, etc.
2. I live in Florida, but I was born and raised in a small town outside of Lansing, Michigan
3. I discovered sushi 4 years ago and I've had a love affair with it ever since.  I'm even becoming a bit of a sushi snob!
4. I require more sleep than the average person and would sleep for 10-12 hours per night if I could.
5. I'm the queen of cardigan sweaters and wear them all.the.time.
6. I'm a fragrance junkie, so I love scented things like candles, perfume, lotion, air fresheners, and more.
7. When I get a sandwich that comes with a dill pickle, I always eat my dill pickle first.  I want to make sure I have room for it!
8. I never thought I needed a smartphone until I got the iPhone.  Now I'm an app addict!
9. I hate when people refer to money as 'cheddar', but I don't mind if they call it 'dough'.  Maybe it's because I love carbs.
10. My favorite animal is the giraffe, and I absolutely loved getting to feed the giraffes at the local zoo and theme park.  They are just such sweet and graceful animals.


11 Questions from My Nominator, Jen at un.script.ed

1. If you could be anyone for a day (living or dead) who would you be and why?  I'd love spend a day being Kate Middleton.  She seems to have a pretty great life , impeccable style, and the perfect British accent!
2. If you could change your first name, what would change it to?  I wouldn't change it because I love that the spelling of my name is unique.
3. If you won a million dollars, what's the first thing you would purchase?  An amazing, custom-designed house with a killer kitchen and a sick walk in closet in the master bedroom.  I could really go wild on a project like that!!
4. If today were the last day of your life, what would you do with it?  I would spend it with my family, eating delicious food and reminiscing about a life well-lived.  There would definitely be cocktails involved, and perhaps a beach or a theme park.
5. If your life was a novel, what would be the title and how would your story end?  "If Life is a Journey, Let's Make it a Hayride:  The Life and Times of a Serial Adventurer" My story ends with a Happily Ever After, of course!
6. What are 3 things you can't live without?  Laptop, iPhone and Diet Coke (elixer of the gods)
7. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?  I'd stay 30.  At 30, I finally knew who I was as a person, I was happily settled in my life and I felt comfortable in my own skin.  That was such a great year for me.
8. Name 3 Songs that would be included on the soundtrack to your life... I could name a slew of songs that belong on this soundtrack, but the three that first come to mind are "Grey Street" by Dave Matthews Band, "Fell In Love With A Boy" by Joss Stone and "Closing Time" by Semisonic.  All mark distinct periods of my life that I like to reflect on from time to time.  Some memories from those days are great, some are not so great, but they've all made me who I am today.
9. What is your favorite book?  I loved Marley and Me by John Grogan because it reminded me of my relationship with my dog, Bella.  She's a gem but man, she can be a PITA.
10. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?  IRONING.  Ugh, it sucks.  I'm just bad at it and it feels like my clothes never look like I want them to.
11. What is your favorite quotes/bible verse?  Right now, I've been liking "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."  Classy, right?  I blame my brother in law for that one.


My Nominees
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Meghan @ My Life as a Lawyer's Wife

Taryn @ Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate

Hope @ Confessions of a Southern Belle

Please take time to check out each of these blogs! These bloggers are all witty and have unique perspectives that make their blogs a joy to read.  Some are recent discoveries, some I've been following for awhile.  I hope you love them as much as I do!

 
11 Questions for the Nominees

1.  Who is your hero and why?
2.  What is your beauty secret weapon?
3.  What's your favorite piece of new technology?
4.  If you could meet any celebrity, who would you meet and why?
5.  If you could pick a new profession, what would you choose to do?
6.  What is your dream vacation spot?
7.  What was your most embarassing moment?
8.  What are your three favorite clothing stores?
9.  What is one dream that you hope comes true?
10.  What are three adjectives that your best friend would use to describe you?
11.  What is your favorite scent and why?


Have fun with this girls, and enjoy getting to know some new bloggers!  Thanks again to Jen!!

4 comments:

Betty said...

Thanks for the award! BTW, I love that Joss Stone song as well. In fact, now it's stuck in my head! :) Happy Sunday to ya.

ChatterBlossom said...

Very cool! Congrats on the nomination! ;-)
-Jamie
http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

Thanks! I'll be sure to pass it along this week!

Brittany Belling said...

Thanks for thinking of me!!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved