FridayAfter a super long week, Hubs and I decided that we needed to treat ourselves with yumminess from one of our favorite sushi restaurants. We got there and we waited... and waited... and waited some more. I seriously never thought we'd see our food, and my stomach was growling something fierce. The server apologized for the wait, but she could have thrown us a bowl of edamame for our patience. But no. We finally got our sushi and it was delicious, but the length of the wait irked me. Perhaps the Big Man is trying to teach me patience. Later in the evening, Hubs and I got vanilla low-fat soft serve ice cream cones, which was a delish way to end the night. When we got home, Hubs started working and I did my usual Friday night gig: paid bills and watched Ghost Adventures.
SaturdayI slept in, which was glorious, then took my time getting around for the day. I love a lazy Saturday!! I ran some errands, then watched football, where saw my Michigan State Spartans come back from a 27-point deficit against the Hoosiers. Hubs then got home from work and we got a make-your-own-six-pack of craft beers (mine were all pumpkin!) at Total Wine, hit Target, and went to one of my favorite local pizza places for some Chicago-style love. We then visited the mall, stopped for some pumpkin cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory, and rented a couple of movies at Redbox. We saw What to Expect When Your Expecting, and I'm glad we waited for it to come to Redbox instead of paying the big price at the theater. It was cute, just nothing special. Overall, Saturday was NOT a diet-friendly day, but Hubs and I got the cheating out of our systems and had a great time.
SundayHubs and I slept in again, then we got up and we worked around the house. Ya know, typical chores: cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping. Yeah, grocery shopping is totally a chore for me, but you'd never know it considering how many times I run to Publix every week! We watched The Goon from Redbox and it was a total renter. It was the closest thing Hubs is getting to hockey, though, so it was good for him to get a taste. We're still hoping that we have a pro hockey season! Also on Sunday, I got a much-needed pedicure and used my new Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Just Walk Away Renee (a super dark red), which is perfect for Fall. Such a lovely day!
Now for a few random thoughts:
- Rhea Pearlman and Danny DeVito are splitting up at 41 years together?? I mean, seriously, how is any marriage supposed to last if this one doesn't? I always thought they were perfect together, but after all of those years, I suppose they got tired of each other. Sad.
- K-Stew and R-Patz are back together!! Finally, sheesh, I wondered how long they were going to stay mad at each other. While I absolutely don't condone cheating and I believe Rob had a right to be pissed at Kristin, it's nice to see them back together. I always thought they were an adorable couple and they seemed to appreciate each others' quirkiness.
- I finally bought an EOS lip balm and I see what all of the fuss is about. It's so silky and the flavor is amazing! I wish the packaging was little more compact, but the product inside is worth some extra bulk.
- I saw a true sign of fall this weekend: Williams-Sonoma has all of their pumpkin products in stock!! They have mixes for cupcakes, cake pops, waffles and pancakes (which I bought!), and cookies, as well as their famous pumpkin butter. I just kept repeating to myself, "Kari, you're on a diet, Kari, you're on a diet..."
- My parents and sister came back from their Carnival cruise today and they had mixed reviews. My mom is a casino snob and thought the boat sucked because their casino had dated and boring slot machines. Really, that's how she judges cruise ships. But she had her favorite cruise drink, the Miami Vice, in her hand the whole time, so I'm sure she was fine.
- I bought my first Christmas gift last week and it finally arrived. I feel good about getting a head start, but according to my Hubby, I'm late. He starts on his shopping for me in August. AUGUST! Does waiting for October make a procrastinator? Nah, it makes me normal, I think.
- My sister told me today that through a friend of a friend, she can get me into the Epcot Food and Wine Festival for free later in October. Um, YES PLEASE!! I have always wanted to go to this particular festival, and I'm sure it's going to rock my socks off. I can't wait!!
- I'm ticked that all of the shows I want to watch are on at the same time on different networks. It's making my DVR fill up really fast, so fast that I can't keep up with watching everything! Oh, the problems I have. It's such a rough life.
Ladies, I hope you've had an amazing weekend!!